By ballplaya52 - 08/12/2013 05:04 - United States

Today, I learned that when your mom threatens to embarrass you by singing in public, the wrong response is, "Yeah? I dare you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 382
You deserved it 47 878

ballplaya52 tells us more.

Hey all! OP here. I just a wanted to clear a few things up. I know the wording may have been confusing and given you all the wrong image. When I said that she'd embarrass me by singing in public, I literally meant singing. To me. About me. In public. Loudly. Like not even a real song. But when I read over it when it got published, it sounded to me like people could interpret it like she would sing karaoke or something. Anyways it only lasted a minute or so so it wasn't that bad, but we did get some stares. And for those comments saying to live a little, I don't sing or dance in public as a personal rule because I'm not any good at either. Anyways thanks to the moderators for publishing this and I will see you guys around on this awesome website :)

Top comments

If my mom was that awesome id probably join her

Comments

Someone's too full of themself. YDI OP.

^^^Trying to add to my comment above, but I ran out of time. OP's too full of themself. Only dare a friend. Going through all what that she did to have you grow up this way is hell for your mother. Of course she'd do it. She'll just put the blame on you instead of herself.

My mom does the same thing all the time. I've learned to just sing with her.

JMichael 25

@ 14- I don't think anyone understood half of that

#14 Sounds ignorant and irrelevant haha, no one needs a lecture you can barely understand.

hunts19ketchup 23

#14 Uhm...what? I wan't aware that you knew the OP and his/her mother

jazzy_123 20

14, you were better off when you DIDN'T try adding to your comment..

I have been told this a lot but it's just not in my personality :)

Yeah.... Not a smart move on your part lol learned that the hard way. YDI OP

OP, you should have joined in. Turn an FML into a "love my life".

If my mom was that awesome id probably join her

right? whats an FML about this? my mom and i sing together when we're out. some people stare, some smile, others dont care. we are having fun so we dont care what people think

baseballdude1283 18
DrownedMyFish 18

Why? I would have joined her. Then it would be like a musical.

Is she bad at it? Or are you overreacting? The world may never know.

"Yeah? I dare you." Is probably never a good thing to say to your mother. I'd get belted.

shyeahh_fml 19

I learned this the hard way. My mom threatened to push me out of a chair in a restaurant. Well, apparently she was serious.

Way to go mom! Bust out those dance moves aswell!

I have many of the same experiences. You'll learn to live with it OP. Until then, FYL

jazzy_123 20

why does that seem like a bad thing? I wish my mom was like that and not so serious about everything!