By Anonymous - 20/03/2014 20:23 - United States - Du Quoin

Today, I found out why my dad always treated me badly as a kid compared to my siblings. It's because I was conceived while my mom was cheating on him. On top of that, he made it clear that he still doesn't consider me a "real" part of the family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 936
You deserved it 3 458

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's terrible. But don't worry, you are not the first person to have that happen to them.

That sucks cuz it's not even your fault.

Comments

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Don't listen to 20, it's actually Optimus Prime

Guys, it's not nice to lie. #14, it really means Obese Personage.

#57, stop with your lying, it means Obvious Penguin, duh. Though some people use it to mean Orange Penis.

FML64128 7

It's oblong poops, get it right guys.

that's effed up you shouldn't even want a guy like that as a father.

If only he had a choice of who his father was :P Well, he might be the son of another man anyways...

jazzy_123 20

Sorry OP :/ lots of us know what it's like to get mistreated by our family so we understand. Just keep your head up.

frizz101 22

OP whether he likes it or not you are his son. He raised you, even if he treated you badly, not the other man. He should be mad at his wife not you. I suggest you and you family get some family counseling.

Wow! What an ass. I'm sorry, OP. I wish you didn't have to deal with that, it's not YOUR fault that's when you were conceived. He should not be blaming you.

toastedbagel14 3

I think it might be time to take a DNA test and if need be, find your biological dad. Who knows, he might be more welcoming to you. The worst thing that could happen is he could reject you too, but it beats fighting regret for the rest of your life. Bast of luck OP!

I agree, demand a DNA test. If you are his, an apology is in order. If you are not, walk away and don't look back.

flame5768 14

wait, why would he walk away? doesn't that just make him seem like more of a dick than his dad.

He'd be walking away from years of emotional neglect and abuse, along with mental abuse. Walking away from that would be liberating, a new life could be started. I wouldn't want to stick around in a family where I was so clearly unwanted. Also, shame on the mother for allowing that happen to her child.

And if the person who raised OP turns out not to be his biological father, and it was someone else, what's the point in going to the sperm donor after all these years and telling the guy that he's your real father? You think the sperm donor cares if he got someone else's wife pregnant? That really is awful for you, OP, and I'm sorry your father couldn't be a man and love you as his own.

Well, screw him! I'm sure you turned out to be a wonderful person!

You being there and caring for your family makes you more "family" than him if he can't have respect for his own children. You are the better person OP Sorry

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#29- Based off of the rage you're clearly feeling (as shown by all your comments on this anecdote), I think you need to calm down slightly.

I never thought an FML comment could embody a fedora and neckbeard so well. Up next from charlespainting9: "Why Chris Brown is an angel and why Rihanna deserved it." God forbid a male can do any wrong in your sad world. (And yes, the mom is a total shitstain too.)