By Anonymous - 23/03/2016 22:48 - United States - Lake Worth

Today, I found out that my mom has been deliberately forgetting to help me practice my driving. It's not because the insurance will go up once I pass the test, she doesn't want my 14 year-old sister to feel left behind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 702
You deserved it 1 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My best advice is to find someone else to practise with, it's not your fault you mum wants to keep you and your younger sister at, kind of, the same age. Try to find someone who won't want to keep you back, maybe you can even give you sister rides once you complete your test :)

Sorry Op. Your mum's logic sucks. Use your determination to find someone else to teach you and I'm sure you'll have your licence in no time.

Comments

my mom is literally doing this to me currently. So frustrating.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

Get a job and pay for an instructor or bring your sister with you so she can teach you both at the same time

CaitiieBuggs 23

My mother in law did that with my husband. She refused to let him practice or get his license, for the same reasons. Once he turned 18 he got his license on his own, but she felt that was unfair. She let my brother in law drive with no license or permits because it was only fair that both of them could drive. She did the same thing when my husband turned 21. She started buying his brother alcohol because it wasn't fair my husband could drink and not his teen brother.

She's 14, she'll be getting her license in the next couple years.