By Akestarr - 02/12/2013 13:28 - United States - Georgetown

Today, I found out that my dad paid for my sister's friend's airplane ticket so she could attend my sister's wedding. I would have been there myself, but I couldn't afford the airplane ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 355
You deserved it 3 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wonder what your sister's friend did with your father to earn that plane ticket.

luckyone365 7

Damn, Socrates. How did you figure that one out?

Comments

Did you ask him? He may have thought you were able to afford it on your own.

is she someone's else's sister? maybe she's the something borrowed, and I guess you not going makes you the something blue then

perdix 29

Of course not, it's very dangerous to attend your sister's wedding. The groom could easily dump your sister for you. You two are probably quite similar, but if you are a little prettier, smarter, sexier, etc., there's a chance he'd prefer you and jilt her. I'm surprised they even informed you a wedding was taking place.

HeadlessSparrow 20

Ask Amazon to take you there with one of their drones!

perdix 29

That's just plane wrong! Don't take off with this idea because I'm not a first-class coach -- I'm just winging it.

Maybe he is or wants to bang your sisters friend. That would explain why he paid for her and not yours. Although he should have paid for yours regardless of what his intentions may or may not be with her

dad was just trying to focus on the child getting married and what she needed the most for her big day. i guess the sister felt she would rather have her best friend by her side on her big day. you can pick ur friends but.....

But that's not how parents should work... You don't just focus only on one child because she's getting married. At this point it doesn't matter who the bride would prefer to have had at the wedding, the key piece of information here is that OP wanted to go to the wedding, but couldn't. Out of your own daughter and your other daughters friend if they both want to go to the wedding but can't afford to, you help your own daughter.

Goblin182 26

Pretty good friend if you are willing to pick their but

it depends, did you ask him to help out? If you did and he said no, fyl!