By jazzterchic - 29/12/2016 15:03 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I found out that my boyfriend's mom doesn't believe you can get food poisoning from food that is cooked. She gave us food that had sat out all day/night and then got angry when I said we could get sick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 609
You deserved it 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cook some food, leave it out for a week, show her the mold growth. If she doesn't believe you after that, let natural selection take its course...

Comments

Judging by the ambiguity of with details I'm guessing you are exaggerating a lot

How dare you be smarter than her. The nerve of young people these days...

WeirdUS 29

I feel your pain I knew someone's mother who didn't know about cross-contamination between raw meat and cook meat. Thankfully I never got sick eating there. Better safe than sorry specially if there is meat in it.

Sure as shit you can. Here's a good experiment: Cook a pan of corner beef hash and leave it on the stove all night, then cook it again & serve in the morning. Like a bullet to the head.

I had to deal with this to some extent in my own family. I just tell them, look, I have no problem with you preparing food the way that you like it, but me personally, I will only eat food that is prepared according to the FDA guidelines the same way it is handled in any public restaurant. If you want to cook it that way that is ok, but please let me know so I can eat ahead of time or prepare my own food.

Classic sign of a control freak that will not change. Stand your ground and get your BF to defend you.