By t0pher - 10/08/2009 14:52 - United States

Today, I found out I need serious surgery on my right knee to remove a tumor growing underneath it. I will not be able to walk for 3 weeks, and the doctor told me to take off for 5 months from work just for full recovery. My father's response, "You'll do anything not to work." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 935
You deserved it 3 599

t0pher tells us more.

t0pher 0

i need physical therapy for 3 months so i can loose the crutches cause the tumor is spread around my tendons

Top comments

Comments

StingMunFizzy 0

'k here's what you do. Ask for the tumor once they take it out. Once you get the tumor, make some spaghetti for your father.. cut the tumor up into small pieces and put it in his spaghetti..

ONExLOVE_fml 4

You're disgusting. Don't comment ever again.

One of my friends just had the same surgery done last week.

I get told that quite a lot. Maybe you should stop being lazy and actually do things. People who are close to you and see you procrastinating all day long for any reason, will tend to think even real reasons for not to work are just made up. It's sucks when you tell the truth and they don't believe you. Quit being lazy, it's not an insult, but an advise, to prevent situations like this happen in the future. It's not easy, but it can be done. Sorry about the tumor. Hope everything goes fine.

angryseatroll 5

I modded this one!!! That suck mega

ashleymarie37 0

i'm having surgery on my spine. double bone fusion. i'll be back to work in 3 weeks. 5 months seems a little long.

He probably does physical labor and needs to be on his feet all day.

Depends on the surgery. Bones are usually more straightforward. If the OP's surgery requires work done on ligaments and tendons, then it's important that he rest because it can really **** you up if you don't let that kind of stuff heal property. If you do too much too soon, you can end up damaging it even worse. He probably has a job that requires him to be active.

What kind of work and what kind of tumor? I recently had pretty much the same thing, except in my left ankle; it was in a cast twice as long but I was back at work pretty much once I got out of the hospital. So I'm guessing either (a) you had actual cancer (I didn't, just a benign mass) and you had to follow up with other treatment, which is its own FML, (b) you need to be on your feet a lot at work (I'm kind of a desk jockey), or (c) one of us has a doctor who was wrong, and I don't know which.

RichYungReverse 0

Hes just jealous make the best of your "vacation"