This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By FMyLoveLife - 09/06/2017 10:48

Today, I finally got a date with the girl I've been pining over for 2 years. We met for dinner, and a half hour in, I say something she thought was "selfish" and pissed her off. She misunderstood me, but immediately took out her phone and hailed a ride via Uber. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 743
You deserved it 688

Demetrix tells us more.

Demetrix 3

Op here. So little back story, when I met this girl she moved to my state for work a few years back when we met. We've been friends, but it's been up and down until recently when we started getting close. Once while drunk she told me she loved me, but can't always trust that. Either way, I thought for once things could work and so I asked her out. We went to dinner and a little ways in she started telling me how she might have to quit her job and move back home (out of state) because it's not working out. It kinda bummed me out having finally gotten a chance to see where things could lead. In an effort to lighten the mood, I told her, "Damn, that sucks...but if you quit, how am I going to go on another date with you?" I smiled to illustrate it was a joke but it was clearly a bad choice of words. Cue FML.

Top comments

HalfLit 17

Well... I would like to know what you said. Even if you meant it differently, it depends really. However with that said, she sounds like someone who would be extremely difficult to maintain a healthy relationship with anyway. Can you image having to explain yourself for yearssss?? Cut your losses bro.

Lobby_Bee 17

It's hard going out with a gold medalists in jumping-to-conclusions. Hope you can sort this out with her.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Idk what planet you're from but in my world, if somebody mis-speaks or didn't phrase something correctly, they most certainly do deserve a second chance to explain themselves and be understood. A simple misunderstanding does NOT warrant instant scorn and rejection.

species4872 19

Yes it sucks but well said though.

I usually follow up too with "Just kidding! It's a joke! [Chuckle]."

Lobby_Bee 17

It's hard going out with a gold medalists in jumping-to-conclusions. Hope you can sort this out with her.

HalfLit 17

Well... I would like to know what you said. Even if you meant it differently, it depends really. However with that said, she sounds like someone who would be extremely difficult to maintain a healthy relationship with anyway. Can you image having to explain yourself for yearssss?? Cut your losses bro.

I'll bet her outburst happened just after she had finished her free meal.

carbonight90 7
thehaystackerine 20

you don't need a bitch like that.

species4872 19

Don't worry, in another 2 years she would have forgotten and you can start again.

Dodged a bullet there, then. Better luck on your next hopeless crush.

See, this is why you never mention the dirty fork.