By MissDQ - 02/12/2013 13:47 - Australia - Perth

Today, I dyed my hair. And my forehead. And my ears. And my arms. And my hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 099
You deserved it 24 889

MissDQ tells us more.

I've been dying my hair since I was 14, so know what I'm doing. I just now live in a tiny house with a tiny bathroom and my hair is just shy of my butt. I usually use a mirror to make sure I'm ok, but because of the length of my hair I have to do it upside down over the bathtub. It got on my arms while doing the main body of my hair, ears and forehead are a no brainier and I had a couple of spots drip down the gloves while I was doing the ends. I managed to get it off my face thankfully because I had to go out in public. The box said to use a wet towel with shampoo on it when you rinse it out, which I did and it didn't seem to be working so I attacked my face with exfoliating gloves and it did the job. I've now got to work out how to scrub the purple off the vanity and in the bathtub. I do wipe it straight away but it stains right away too. It's a super dark mahogany since I have to use 2 bottles. Looks blackish in the shade and red in the sun. Came out far better than I expected and I've never gone dark before so it's a nice change. Adds to the 'new me' thing I've got going.

Top comments

perdix 29

Why is your hair shy of your butt? They both belong to the same girl, so the social awkwardness is unnecessary.

You're supposed to put the dye in your hair, not use it as bubble bath. I would ask if you were blonde, but that's a stupid stereotype. And I think it's a moot point now anyway.

Comments

caysters 12

As weird as it sounds, a little bleach helps get it off instantly... I dyed my hair without gloves once because I didn't feel like waiting... Scrubbed for an hour trying to get it off. My mom says try a little bleach. I did, it took it all off almost instantly... Gets a little warm, but it works. Just wash yourself real good after.

hokie16 13

That's because it strips the top layers of your skin. It doesn't hurt or anything, just saying.

Your mother might have said peroxide? I doubt bleach would fix it.

knoxxx 22

bleach often contains peroxides and can work removing the color as a oxidizing agent just as a bottle of peroxide would.

caysters 12

Was literally your generic bleach containing cleaner. Haha. She sprayed it on my hands and it came off. Don't know what I was thinking dying my hair bright magenta with no gloves... It looked like I murdered someone. But bleach took care of it.

MissSynV 8

Are you retarded? Most hair dyes contain ammonia. What happens when we combine ammonia and bleach, ladies and gentlemen?

Next time ask somebody else to do it for you...

Wizardo 33

Yes there was a lot of dying, mostly OP's enemies and that's why everything is dyed. They bathed in the blood of their enemies.

Hair dying isn't that difficult. What color & how did you manage that stupidity?

lmf5292 10

Just go to a beauty supply store like Sally's and get the actual dye remover for your skin.

tpm45 25

Or go to a sex store and find people with a color fetish.

17, why would you waste that much money on special "dye remover" when hair dye is designed to wash out in warm soapy water? Just have a long shower and scrub hard.

zRatio 6

I think we are going to need a follow up on this

HeadlessSparrow 20

Got a bit too excited there, didn't you?

perdix 29

Did you just see "The Shawshank Redemption?" When Morgan Freeman said, "You can get busy living, or you can get busy dyeing," he didn't mean you to take him so literally!

Tali147 16

Next time try rubbing Chapstick on your skin before you dye

yourmurderscenex 13

I'll remember that when I'm on my death bed.

Jesus @57 you need to calm your **** she had the correct word.....you are an idiot and need to calm the **** down

yourmurderscenex 13

wow, way to take a joke. I'm thinking you're the one that needs to calm down.

Tali147 16

Wow all this hostility just makes me want to curl up and dye.

You must have really loved the colour.