By leannez - 05/12/2012 05:35 - Canada - Abbotsford

Today, I dutifully attended my husband's local gig at a coffee shop. I thus found out, through song, about my husband's affair, in front of about 100 people. All of whom we both know. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 201
You deserved it 2 091

leannez tells us more.

This is OP. I approached them both long before they made they affair public. (Which they denied) But he literally sang the song to me to make sure I knew. I walked out before it was over.

Top comments

Wow. He really did that? Make the bastard sing soprano!

Aspen_Grace33 27

That's pretty low of him to not be man enough to tell you himself, yet write a song about it and tell the rest of the world. Fyl indeed!

Comments

After you leave his cheating ass, he can write a Taylor Swift-style song about it.

RedPillSucks 31

Then you can grab the mike from him and rant on about how Beyonce wrote better songs than him.

69, "mic" is short for microphone, "mike" is a name.

Run away with the drummer. Kidding, of course. Going to see his show and getting that in return. FYL indeed.

How do you know that it wasn't just a song? Or a song about a previous relationship? Why are you so sure he cheated on you based on a song he wrote/sang?

Exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't have to mean he's cheating on you. I don't think because Rihanna sang "Unfaithful" and George Michael sang "Careless Whisper" necessarily means they were cheating on their boy/girlfriends at the time. However if your husband was sleeping around, and if he's stupid enough to sing about it in front of you (I figure he would have seen her), you deserve way better.

Maybe she learnt of the affair while the husband was on stage and then questioned/confirmed it once he was off?

daringtoride 27

Oh, here I was thinking maybe the person he was cheating on with came on stage or something and caused a scene and OP saw?? I had a totally different scenario in mind lol

My thoughts exactly! Why would he sing that if it were true and he knew she was there?! Now if it were just a made up story or lyrics written by someone else in the group, (if it is a group, coffee shops aren't usually big enough for a band,) then he could sing it without worrying about his girlfriend getting upset.

I knew a girl named Nikki I guess you could say she was a sex fiend I met her in a hotel lobby Masturbating with a magazine

I met a young girl, sat next to her... and all the young men threw sex at her. So just to be rude, she lie perfectly nude and let her parrot take pecks at her.

There's not a single bit of that comment I understood... except maybe the nude part ;)

I'm 90% sure they're quoting a song. Just have no idea what.

If he offered some kind of indisputable proof then he is an idiot of mythological proportions, but I find myself thinking that sometimes a song is just a song.

baby baby baby oh i'm singing a song for my baby she don't know i'm banging a lady.