By Anonymous - 01/11/2014 05:47 - United States - Queen Creek

Today, I dressed up as my friend for Halloween. He has a very distinct style and I thought my costume was pretty clever. When he saw me, he said he had never been so offended in his entire life, and now I feel like a complete asshole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 544
You deserved it 16 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to hear that OP! Let him know you didn't mean any harm? I'm sure he'll understand that you were just admiring him for his unique style ^^

Apologize and explanation to him that it was done as flattery and not disrespect. Hopefully you'll be forgiven.

Comments

cheshireau 26

I think somebody needs a sense of humor. Seriously, tell him to pull his head out of his butt.

Maybe OP should've suggested they dress up as each other, that way it's mutual an nobody gets offended.

If your friend was a girl, I'd understand because if you wore a slutty top or a very short skirt, etc. and you said "I'm dressed up as you", I'd be pretty pissed too...Dunno how the guy got offended unless you pretended to be a mentally handicapped version of him or something...

There really isn't anything wrong with short skirts. And anyone of any gender could feel upset at this because they could feel like their friend is mocking them when they imitate them -- i.e., making fun of their unique traits instead of just incorporating them into a cool costume.

Geez, tell him to get the stick out of his ass and gain a sense of humor. It's halloween ffs!

penguin_bitchez 15

It's not your fault. If he's offended by his own style, he's probably just sensitive.

Really depends what makes their style "unique" to you. Easy to be seen as taking be piss or mocking it. Some traits are so built in they happen without thinking.