By Quelestvotreprobleme? - 29/03/2013 09:14 - Turquie - Ankara

Today, I checked in at a hotel, got the keys and went up to my room. However, there seemed to be a problem, so I went back to the front desk. “Excuse me, but there’s already someone in my room!” The reply I got was, “So, what’s the problem?” FML
I agree, your life sucks 699
You deserved it 49

Top comments

Did you accidentally book a room at a hostel? :')

If this was just a mistake on their part, I don't understand how they can be so ignorant. We have a family business of a motel and this happened to us a couple of times due to miscommunication and we were so embarrassed because of it and apologized a lot. The last thing we would do is show a bad attitude or ignore it when the mistake was clearly ours. It's a business and the customers are doing US a favor by coming to us instead of our competitors.

Comments

Justy101 23

This happened to me when I was in Thailand, except I was in the room two hours before check out and the next person had been checked in 6 hours early. Scared the living shit out of my friend who was in the middle of getting changed. I told them when checking out and they didn't give a shit. Tldr: hotel staff can be assholes

Now that I think about it, something similar happened to me recently. Me and my mom were in a hotel room together the morning after my sister's wedding. We were in the process of packing our stuff to leave and room service tried to come in because the person after us checked in early.

Didn't that person realize that the room was already occupied?

Justy101 23

He realised when he opened the door and I stood there in shocked silence staring at him. He definitely realised when he started to come in and my friend and I started screaming Bloody Mary. I don't know who was more freaked out, him or us haha.