By TKay916 - 20/11/2012 08:47 - United States - Rescue

Today, I called Costco to ask them not to renew my membership because of financial problems. The man on the phone spent 30 minutes telling me why I'm a fool to leave and I ended up with a renewed $55 membership and 25 minutes over my minute allowance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 472
You deserved it 31 297

TKay916 tells us more.

Actually it is. I received a notice in the mail 2 weeks ago saying they'll renew my membership on the 25th and then bill me.

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

Seems that maybe the root of your financial issues is that you can't say "no" to people. You're probably a wet dream for telemarketers, OP.

amerikaninfidel 2

It's not automatic. You didn't have to call them.

Comments

Haha you're a little bitch to be getting 'sick of comments like that.' cry baby

amerikaninfidel 2

It's not automatic. You didn't have to call them.

madgrinchhatter 12

If that's true, this is the biggest YDI on here

They call you to ask if you want to renew

38, even if they do call, you still have the option of not renewing, it's like 2 said, it's not an automatic renewal. I know this since I work for them.

Actually it is. I received a notice in the mail 2 weeks ago saying they'll renew my membership on the 25th and then bill me.

Some memberships are tied to a credit card and do an auto-renewal.

Mine isn't automatic. I got a notice in the mail a month before mine expired and it said if I didn't renew it, it would be cancelled.

This reminds me of the friends episode when chandler wants to quit the bank.

Used to work there in marketing and membership. I cannot recall automatically renewing any memberships. They were sent reminders in the mail and if it wasn't paid it wasn't renewed.

Well, mine's automatic! It renews every year whether I use it or not & I never use it!

tjv3 10

Way to go OP grow a pair and cancel

Those auto drawing features probably depend on the independent store.

Thanks for the mental image, Noor. Haven't had nightmares in a while, this should be interesting.

TheDrifter 23

Why does everyone say grow some balls? They're fragile and weak. I say grow a ******, those things can take a pounding. -Betty White

OhDearBetrayal 25

39- Testosterone production gives you the ability to have nice big menacing muscles. Unfortunately, a ****** only gives you a hole to fill and a tiny fragile pink baby to pop out after said hole has been filled.

74 - Estrogen gives women boobs. Boobs win.

With the ****** comes the hormones. Which you guys cower under.

OhDearBetrayal 25

78- Estrogen isn't made in the ******.

v1kt4r 13

Or a ****** and rent it out...

unknown_user5566 26

Seems that maybe the root of your financial issues is that you can't say "no" to people. You're probably a wet dream for telemarketers, OP.

"I can't renew my membership... I can't... I.. *Bursts into tears* Fne I'll take the membership! But this is the last time, you hear me? *Sniff* Telemarketer on other end: *Moans and climaxes* "Uuagghhhhh* "Uh, yea, you take your time with that. See you soon!"

OP should have just said I don't want it and then just hang up before he falls I to their trap. No more financial problems.

You need to man up and not be a pushover. Cancel the membership (if you can ) get at least a refund

I hope you need another year supply of toilet paper and dog food

perdix 29

You are a fool! You could be having free lunch every Saturday and Sunday. I bring two disguises to Costco so I can hit every sample booth three times. You just need some mentoring from a Costco Genius.

The Costco I work at has free samples every day :), and it's slower M-F than it is Saturday's and Sundays

perdix 29

Really? I didn't know that because I have a job. I think I'll buy a few more disguises and start taking my lunch breaks there! Don't get too excited if you hear of Elvis sightings in the Florida Costcos -- it's just ol' perdix getting "free*" lunch. *I do pay the membership fee, ergo, for lunch, too ;)

anne1_fml 13

I worked as a "demo girl" you would be surprised how many people come in just for samples or just for "free lunch" that's what I ate everyday I worked free lunch on SAMs Club demo girls ;)

So ou spoke with Mr.T? "I pity the fool, who doesn't renew his Costco Membership! I do! I do!"

That's kind of like when work calls. If I answer, I'll always be convinced to come in.