By TKay916 - 20/11/2012 08:47 - United States - Rescue

Today, I called Costco to ask them not to renew my membership because of financial problems. The man on the phone spent 30 minutes telling me why I'm a fool to leave and I ended up with a renewed $55 membership and 25 minutes over my minute allowance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 471
You deserved it 31 296

TKay916 tells us more.

Actually it is. I received a notice in the mail 2 weeks ago saying they'll renew my membership on the 25th and then bill me.

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

Seems that maybe the root of your financial issues is that you can't say "no" to people. You're probably a wet dream for telemarketers, OP.

amerikaninfidel 2

It's not automatic. You didn't have to call them.

Comments

CS: You idiot! Why would you want to cancel your membership? OP: I'm having some financial issues, so I-- CS: Financial? Bah! We have samples, you don't even have to buy anything! And you get perks if you upgrade. OP: Perks? Hmmm...okay, how much? CS: $55 OP: Holy shit! ...do I still get samples? Okay, hold on. Let me burn my food stamps. It's called self-control OP. Look it up in a dictionary, since you can't seem to find it elsewhere.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

What do you know about self control? You're a robot for ****'s sake.

I like the way no one heeds your advice, MITM, about your mechanisation, or lack thereof ;)

Pleonasm: I know, right? But I'll leave it up anyway. Maybe eventually they'll get it. SHAMUS: Well I know a lot about it! Like, um...uhh... Error 405: Attention span was lost.

Look on the bright side, it least you didnt buy about a dozen of them.

TwiztedYuri 9

a membership isn't a box of donuts last time I looked.

Sure it is #49 if the telemarketers get there way you bought one for you, your family, and the dog then they sell it in a bulk discount in good ol' Costco tradition

How could you think about leaving Costco? Don't you realise you NEED 4 liters of mayonnaise? Don't you see that you can't live without 6 kg of nacho cheese sauce? How could you not use 100 kg of rice and a gallon of soy sauce?

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

OP should also join Sam's club. Mmm... Oil drums of barbecue sauce...

TheDrifter 23

Wait, I sense sarcasm, but doesn't everyone horde rice and gallons of soy sauce? After all, the zombie apocalypse is almost here.

RedPillSucks 31

Blasphemy, Doc. you can never have too much nacho cheese sause

DarkHelmet 10

Phone plan does not necessarily reflect on financial situation. I personally go for unlimited text over minutes because I'll text more then I call.

Serves your fiscally irresponsible dumb ass right. You deserve to get the hose again when those freaky ass aliens skin you for your hide...

TwiztedYuri 9

should be posting stuff while balls deep into a scify show. and put the crack pipe down

NagainaFier 16

Your lack of grammar hurts me. Right in the heart. But you're right! I hate those fiscally irresponsible people too!

carminecris89 13

Sounds like genius sales work on his end. Next time stand your ground.

Just call back and cancel. Costco allows you to cancel the membership within 30 days and get your full membership fee back. On second thought, have someone else call for you cuz apparently you don't know how to say no.