By Blaphlafagus - 01/11/2013 01:16 - United States - Killeen

Today, I broke my tooth nearly in half. On a completely unrelated note, the Jew's Harp is my new least-favorite instrument. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 496
You deserved it 4 774

Blaphlafagus tells us more.

Kinda awkward that I play the saxophone as my main instrument... Ok story time, so I was sitting there in my Music Theory class just messing around because it was near the end of the period and one of my friends brought this instrument thing called a Jew's Harp or Jaw Harp. They said it plays by vibrating your teeth or something so, not thinking clearly, put it directly against my teeth and pulled the thing back really far and let it loose. I have no clue what I was thinking at the time. Luckily I'll go to the dentist on Monday and get it all nice and pretty again.

Top comments

It would hurt breaking a tooth like that. On a completely unrelated note, I have to change the drive belt of my car.

Don't forget to brush your teeth before your dentist visit. Wouldn't want the dentist to forget to wash his hands.

Comments

It's a really cool instrument that makes a boingy noise for those who don't want to look it up. You play it in your mouth (kinda), but OP would have been pulling the metal part waaayyyy too hard to break a tooth. Once you learn it, it's super fun to play.

You deserve it for using racist names for instruments. It's called a mouth harp. "Jew's harp" is a derogatory term.

Did your autocorrect change it from "jaw" to"Jews"? If not, wtf is a Jews harp?

2nd 20

Who wants to open an entirely different app just to search about an instrument that wont be relevant after this FML

Yeah, rock on. Take that, all you people with brains and intellectual curiosity.

Ouch! That's no fun. I broke a tooth earlier this year, and it was quite painful. Luckily (sort of), it's the last tooth on one side, so nobody will be able to tell it's missing. Good luck at the oral surgeon's

Pyro_Wolf 17

Pikachu with a spongebob face is weird. Spongebob with a pikachu face is just disturbing..

ak4608 8

So, I looked up Jew harp on urban dictionary, and I hope to all the Jew gods that it is a real instrument and not the horrid combination of nose and tongue that came up

nannyRayRay 14

I liked up Jew's harp..it's an odd looking thing, still don't quite sure how you managed to break your tooth with it I would rack it up to skill haha I guess you live and learn

Very easy to break teeth if you don't know how to properly use one. I've came close to doing it, many times.

Sounds a lot like what happened to my friend Ben. Have fun with the dental bills!