By Midion - 11/07/2016 22:52 - United Kingdom - Cambridge

Today, I biked to the lake. And by "to" I mean "into". With my phone in my jacket and my laptop in my backpack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 063
You deserved it 4 672

Midion tells us more.

Sorry for the typo. I had this funny adventure and I didn't want to open an account to share it. By the way, I do exist in Milton (Cambridshire), and the lake was in Mill Road, Cambridge. I had to f***ing bike 20 minutes back home totally wet. Luckily my impermeable jacket and my rain-proof backpack saved my electronics.... Let's make a laugh together on it! Cheers, El Midion (this name is obviously not real, I don't wanna tell you my real one! XD)

Top comments

Stop trying to catch Pokémon and pay attention.

SauceySarah 30

Reminds me of that Office scene where Michael drives into the lake because his GPS told him to.

Comments

The joke is that he's named "Clevelend Brown" and one if Cleveland Brown's famous lines is "oh... that's nasty". It just doesn't apply all that well on this FML. :P

Stop trying to catch Pokémon and pay attention.

We don't have it in England yet Not without fake accounts

By the way, just to answer all the comments about that Pokémon thing: I have a Zenphone. This damn game is not for Intel Atom processors. FML

Why let truth interfere with a comedic opportunity?

This seems like a silly thing to do. You probably should have taken your electronics off your person before going in the water. Long gone are the days of pushing someone into a lake and not doing $1,000 worth of damage.

I'm certain that OP didn't intentionally bike "into" the lake

Oh, I'm glad you explained that to me. I thought OP did it intentionally and just didn't realize that electronics and water didn't mix. There wasn't anything in the post to say it was unintentional. When I was younger we used to ride bikes off ramps into lakes all the times. Course there weren't any laptops or cellphones back then. worst you could damage was a walkman, or your nuts.

See, I upvoted you because I thought you were being sarcastic.

Put ur phone in a bag of rice and DONT TRY TO TURN IT ON Ive made that mistake and that might help ur phone. Idk bout the laptop sorry bro ik the feeling :(

MetalxSoldier 26

Did you also have your mind on your money and your money on your mind?

I thought your profile picture was a fortune cookie with something written on it until I opened it.

SauceySarah 30

Reminds me of that Office scene where Michael drives into the lake because his GPS told him to.

Yet another reminder that I need to watch The Office...

This literally happened in canada like a month ago. Some dip from the city i'm from drove into lake huron or something because it was foggy and her GPS told her to..

All these things could easily be replaced OP, just be glad that you're alright..

What if they were an iPhone 6S Plus 128GB with lots of photos and memories on it and a MacBook Pro with loads of important files on it? Bearing in mind not that many people keep backups, how easy do you think that will be to replace? I LOVE your positivity though, wish I could be that bright all the time. ^_^

Thats not what you wear to go swimming, silly