By hatemyjob - 23/04/2013 18:25 - United Kingdom - Colchester

Today, I answered a call at work from a very irate gentleman. After being shouted and sworn at profusely, I ended the call in a slightly less than civil manner. Turns out that guy is one of our company's biggest clients. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 078
You deserved it 43 672

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whenever you're at work, you should always be polite or make it a habit to not be rude.

Comments

Well you know what they say: 'The customer's always right!'

Right or not, it still doesn't give customers the right to displace their own inadequacies and problems by taking it out on retail employees.

CharresBarkrey 15

85 - Why do you assume it was the client's inadequacies? It could very well have been a screw up on the company's side, not necessarily OP, but in general.

Notice it's only ever customers who use that phrase! I've never heard a colleague ever say that. Because its simply not true. And just because you spend a lot of money with a company does not give you the right to verbally abuse staff. The company I work for backs it's staff and the rule is you hang up if you want to.

perdix 29

To save your job, you're going to have to learn the skill of apologizing when you are right. On the plus side, that will help you in marriage ;)

I think this is the single most insightful comment I have ever seen on FML!

you can only thumb up a comment once...

I still have not figured out why the business attitude of The Customer Is Always Right became a free pass for people to be assholes...

It's a simple value of money. The boss/owner wants money, and to get money the customer has to be treated special. Hence, they're "always right"

But doesn't the employee in customer service want money too? I thought that was why they had a job.

I found it ironic that you still called the guy a "gentleman".

ViviMage 38

He's from the UK. Might be their variation.

He can't just say it was an accident. That's like flipping a client off and saying it was an accident, they won't listen to that bullshit. Although I feel bad for the OP I think he should've handled the conversation in a more professional matter. I also feel the.caller shouldn't have been such a dick.

no matter who he is, it doesn't make rudeness acceptable. totally understand op

This is why I will never work in any kind of telemarketing or anything. One slip up to the wrong customer and there goes your job!

well no matter what you do for a living, it will involve some sort of "customer service". even if you own your own business, you still have to be polite and courteous if you want to continue to make money. word of mouth is everything, and if customers complain too much about poor customer service, you may not make money for long.

Rule number one in customer service: The customer is always right, even if they're wrong...

If he is so important why is he acting to unprofessional ?

Maybe he thought he could get away with it.

Exactly. He shouldnt be important if he's talking like that.

rg350dx 29

Dad fight! Dad fight! Dad fight!