By VidyaGameCollector - 03/05/2019 20:00 - Canada - Port Colborne

Today, because money is a little tight, I decided to sell one of my retro video game consoles. The family member that initially gave me it to me saw the ad on Facebook and demanded I give it back to them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 975
You deserved it 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your relative gave it to you, meaning it is yours to do whatever you want with it. It's in your possession, not theirs. The only way I can see your relative rightfully having it back would be if you two came to an agreement that if you didn't want it anymore you'd give the consol back. If there was no agreement, you have every right to sell it. Your relative will have to just suck it up.

Comments

Your relative gave it to you, meaning it is yours to do whatever you want with it. It's in your possession, not theirs. The only way I can see your relative rightfully having it back would be if you two came to an agreement that if you didn't want it anymore you'd give the consol back. If there was no agreement, you have every right to sell it. Your relative will have to just suck it up.

bloopaloop 27

A right? Well yeah. Besides that, you’re getting way too into it. If it was within the left couple months, then yes, that would be awkward, but if it’s been a couple years, then that’s more legit

To raise cash, you should sell something that’s less irreplaceable — like a kidney.

bloopaloop 27

That’s what I did. It got me the cash I needed and now my life is great!

Nhayaa 21

Yup. I would do the same. Retro gaming is sacred. Don't mess with the retro gamer. But I'm sorry you're having money issue, I think we all kinda do these days...

Maybe if you explain why you're selling it, your relative will help you out with your financial situation so you won't have to sell it. If they can't or won't, then explain to them that since it was given to you as a gift, you can do what you want/need with it. Good luck!

Op here I wasn t logged in when I posted this but to answer some of your questions, yes I had the console for a few years and it wasn't working when I got it and I couldn't fix it so I figured I'd sell it to someone that could. I'm keeping the rest of my collection even though they suggested I give that to them "if I wasn't going to keep it anymore(i.e if I decided to sell it)" even though I purchased it when I was a teen. That family member is a hoarder and tends to try to keep stuff other family members are getting rid of or selling.

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

so he gave you something that was broken?

Pacoman17 9

There should be an option about "everyone sucks" for this cases.