By Hannahb17 - 23/08/2013 22:21 - United States - Phoenix

Today, at work, two teenage girls caused a huge scene and told me to get lost, after I asked if they needed any help. Their reasoning: they didn't want to be helped by "someone who doesn't have a thigh gap." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 263
You deserved it 3 689

Hannahb17 tells us more.

Hannahb17 8

For those of you who are wondering, I'm 17 and I work at Forever 21. I asked the two girls if they needed any help and they said, "Umm.. We don't want YOUR help." I said, "Excuse me?" They said, "OMG WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? WE DON'T WANT YOUR HELP! CAN WE GET SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP US?" At that point a manager came over to see what the problem was and the girls said, "We don't want her help. She doesn't even have a thigh gap. Why does she even work here?" Not wanting to do anything stupid and lose my job, I walked away. The two girls had to have been only a year or two younger than me. Plot twist: THEY DIDN'T HAVE FREAKING THIGH GAPS! I can't explain to y'all how much that irked me. The whole thing was just stupid. I really like working at Forever 21, though, so I'm glad I didn't do anything to jeopardize that. Well, thank you all for the supportive comments! They were fun to read. (: I hope y'all have a great night/day!

Top comments

dinosxxrawr 22

I have no idea where you work, but if it's in the food industry I hope they starve to death.

that's disgusting. What is wrong with people these days

Comments

A thigh gap is only ok if the person is waaaaay to skinny

It has little to do with being skinny or not. It's how your body is built. Some people have it, some don't. It's like visible cheekbones, big eyes, full lips, long legs, ... you either have it or you don't.

It simply means you're not a chunky-monkey-wobble-slop.

Oh god. This is why I hate being a teenager. People like that just bring shame to our generation. Karma will hit them hard in the face some day.

thatgirlincali 13

People are saying teen girls are terrible but I would say the society we live in is terrible also. Saying having a little fat...oooop time for a diet.

I would have told them to get out. I work in retail and would not have put up with that on either front.

jocelynne_reedxo 4

The fuq? What is so great about thigh gaps?

Ugh! Im in school still, so I can say that this generation is full of ***** and bitches. Not all of them, but a lot! Sorry for what happened OP, no one cares about thigh gaps though.

Every generation had ***** and bitches.

I think thigh gaps look weird, a giant space between legs just looks so awkward. if its small whatever, but otherwise its just awkward. I always wonder how girls like that even walk

addioty 19

cough cough HYPOCRITE cough cough. everyone's bodies are different! don't put people down because of that or you are just as bad as the teenage girls.