By InnocenceBlue - 13/10/2018 18:50

Today, a creepy-looking guy asked me if I "like bananas" and I said no. He then followed with "Do you want to taste my banana?" Shocked by his boldness, I froze. My boyfriend, who had heard the entire exchange, just laughed and walked off, leaving me with the creeper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 238
You deserved it 517

InnocenceBlue tells us more.

Hi guys, OP here. I am no longer with this guy, for many reasons but this was a huge one. Not the first time something like this has happened. To answer any queries, I have anxiety, mainly towards surprises/shocks and this was one hell of a surprise. My ex knew I have "issues" and disappeared into the crowd (this was at a nightclub) knowing I wasn't following. Thanks for the funny replies and support :)

Top comments

TeacherTeacher 11

Time to have a chat with the boyfriend. His behavior was just as not okay as the creeper's. And to anybody saying she overreacted? Congratulations on being part of the problem.

Comments

I'd have mention something about chewing.

Was your boyfriend expecting you to walk away with him? Walking away seems like the correct move here.

onceuponatime456 16

Your boyfriend is an asshole!

Hi guys, OP here. I am no longer with this guy, for many reasons but this was a huge one. Not the first time something like this has happened. To answer any queries, I have anxiety, mainly towards surprises/shocks and this was one hell of a surprise. My ex knew I have "issues" and disappeared into the crowd (this was at a nightclub) knowing I wasn't following. Thanks for the funny replies and support :)

Glad to hear you're no longer with him. If your boyfriend doesn't bother defending you in these sorts of situations, he's obviously not worth it. And I don't say that because he's a man and he's "obligated" to protect you, but because he's supposed to be someone that cares about you and your well-being. You wouldn't expect your parent or sibling to leave you will some creep because "iT's 2018, yOu ShOuLd bE A sTrOnG iNdEpEnDeNt wOmAn" like some condescending commenters have pointed out. Anyway, hope your future relationship works out better for you.

<i>"Do you want to taste my banana?"</i> "I don't take fruit from strange men.'

“Do you want to taste my banana? *wink wink creepy grossness*” Me - “what do you mean? I don’t understand. Are you selling fruit?” “My BANANA. It’s delicious taste it” Me - I’m so confused. Why are you selling fruit in a night club?” “My dick... it’s a banana... oh never mind you stupid bitch” *walks away” I always play dumb with creepers. Even they feel the cringe when they have to explain their disgusting behaviour. I’ve never had a time it’s failed yet...

Why did you freeze? Did his banana intrigue you?

DiscomfortZone 7

Are you a cripple? Can you not speak without your boyfriend there to hold your hand?