By TBaggins00 - 21/06/2009 07:34 - United States
Add a comment - Reply to : #
#124 is absolutely right, if you ACTUALLY put your phone which has metal in it, it would have at least made a loud popping sound or 20 and break your microwave, my little brother did this with my phone since i pissed him off one day :( he couldn't stop laughing for a week
I got out of the car and my phone was on top of my leftover box from the restaurant. So, I put away my leftovers like usual and then realized about half an hour later that I couldn't find my phone. Haha! Took a LONG time to find it. I blame being pregnant, my brain cells weren't working correctly.
haha i do that stuff all the time. i once was eating a cookie and listening to my ipod and i put the ipod in my mouth. ha.
you're so lame how you added your little punch line at the end. FAKE! "turns out phones arent meant to be in the microwave" stupid and lame.
Well although I can't see the original post saying it's fake - I'm surprised a microwave was capable of melting a phone. Microwaves work by vibrating WATER molecules, giving them heat. Microwaves will not work on something with no water. (Try putting a pizza next to some paper towels and seeing which gets hotter faster). I'd be surprised if a microwave was able to melt/burn plastic in the amount of time it takes to heat a pizza.
Microwaves actually work by exciting conductive materials...such as water, or the metal in the phone. It would get hot, and then melt the plastic and burn anything else in the phone. Fun fact: when glass gets red-hot, it becomes electrically conductive. If you put a beer bottle in the microwave, use a blowtorch to heat it up so that there's a spot on it that's red-hot, then start the microwave, you can actually melt the bottle in the microwave. What I want to know is how you can be so mindbogglingly stupid as to put a phone in the microwave and turn it on, and yet still have enough mental capacity to talk, walk, and operate the microwave in the first place. Does it use pictures?
I thought microwaves work by firing micro waves from the sides, so when they meet in the middle they create heat. that's why you don't use tin foil cause it deflects the waves all over the place. they would blow up the phone, cause they would meet in the middle or bounce about creating high heat in there.
I'm pretty sure this is a commercial. I'm not sure what it's for, but the dude puts his laptop in the microwave instead of a frozen dinner. I refuse to believe that people's lives are so good that we have to resort to putting fake FMLs on this site.
Yeah, but if they were only warming up the cold pizza, chances are it'd only have been in a minute or two cus that's all it takes. I'm guessing it'd take a lot longer for it to explode x_x I've accidentally left a fork on my plate reheating stuff before, and I know that damages the microwave...but I don't think I'd be so dumb as to put my phone in there. I'm guessing you weren't too fussed about getting a reply from your friend otherwise you'd have noticed :3