By falafalo - 14/04/2012 04:08 - United States

Today, as a medical student working in a hospital, I asked a patient if he had any questions for me or his physician. His only question: whether or not my breasts are real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 001
You deserved it 4 002

falafalo tells us more.

the_true_batman – I may not be a doctor, but that does not make the comments that reference female doctors irrelevant. Female medical students and female doctors face many of the same issues when working in the hospital. A couple of letters behind your name and a long white coat don’t erase sexism. If you can’t make the mental leap to connect female medical students and female doctors as women in health care, then perhaps is it you that needs to work on your critical THINKING skills. DocBastardrd and sjs1220 - Thank you for the support.

Top comments

untouchable763 10

Haha I can visualize homer Simpson doing something like that... Nurse: any questions? Homer: omg look at those... No! Don't stare! Better say something, she's looking at you! But they're so... No! C'mon c'mon give me something to work with... Alright, whatever you say, don't ask if those boobs are real. Don't ask! Omg why are her lips moving? I haven't thought about anything! Nurse: mr Simpson...? Homer out loud: are those boobs real? Homer head voice: D'OH!

Comments

He might find large boobs and good brains a combination that don't mix

Michael_92 20

Hey False_Stupidity....quit spreading false stupidity. Sincerely the FML community.

You should insert a catheter(sp??) in him while he is awake.

Umm we do insert catheters into people who are awake..

you realize foleys only take a few seconds to place...no need to put someone under for that

twisted_cherub 14

It's a sad double standard, OP. If you're ugly no one cares what you say, but if you look too good they don't take you seriously. Good luck fighting the stereotypes.

DCFan 9

The FML didn't state whether or not she was attractive. The only thing you could assume is that she had large breasts. Unfortunately, I've seen hideous women with large breasts and when asked with a serious question... I didn't take them seriously AND I didn't care what they said. "Good luck fighting the stereotypes."

I'd like to point out to people that OP is NOT a doctor. She clearly states that she is a medical student.

So he should have what, Finger Banged her instead?

What does your question have to do with anything? If you look at the comments people say a lot of things about female doctors, which I am pointing out isn't really relevant, as the OP is not a doctor.

I'd she's seeing patients in the hospital, it is likely that she is a 3rd or 4th year MED student. In no time she will be a resident physician enduring the same issues. What does it matter that she's not yet a doctor? Those of us that are have all been students at one time!

True_batman - it makes no difference if she's a medical student, a doctor, a nurse, an orderly, or the person that cleans the floors. The patient's question was ridiculous and disrespectful.

What matters is you shouldn't be calling her a doctor if she isn't a doctor. I didn't say anything that implied that his question was okay because she isn't a doctor, only that she isn't a doctor. I think some of you need better critical reading skills.

What the-no thumbs up for DocBastard? :(

the_true_batman – I may not be a doctor, but that does not make the comments that reference female doctors irrelevant. Female medical students and female doctors face many of the same issues when working in the hospital. A couple of letters behind your name and a long white coat don’t erase sexism. If you can’t make the mental leap to connect female medical students and female doctors as women in health care, then perhaps is it you that needs to work on your critical THINKING skills. DocBastardrd and sjs1220 - Thank you for the support.

Well said-I find it very irritating when people assume I must be a nurse because I am female

Uh...it doesn't matter if OP is a doctor, a med student or the freaking janitor...it's rude to ask ANYONE if their boobs are real or fake.

d10cat 0

Well med student or doctor you are very smart and I hope you succeed

I'm still waiting on the answer.... *Crickets*

Oh, they're real, and they're spektacular!

Yeah you're gonna meet some interesting characters, especially in any place where you have to provide a service. For goodness sakes, I work in a *grocery* store and some old guy invited me over to his house for drinks and hockey -_- Good luck OP, you'll be able to come up with snappy comebacks in no time :)

Lol he meant watch the game on tv... Eew xD

Lol they do when the person inviting them is 60+ years their senior and married to boot...

Hmm, yes, I'd love it if someone embarrassed me and objectified me, too.

Are you hot? You're exactly what I'm looking for in a slave.

That was a TERRIBLY inappropriate question for him to ask, and he should be ashamed of himself! He should have asked if your "KNOCKERS" are real. Some people...

"No, they're fake. And I did the surgery on myself! It's amazing what you can do with a monkey wrench, a hack saw, and some industrial silicone caulking."

*Butthead voice* Uh heh heh heh. He said "caulking"... Heh heh heh.

At least he didn't fondle them like my patient did. But FYL anyway.