By SuperFail55 - 02/10/2013 00:33 - United States - Oconomowoc

Today, and for the fifth week in a row, my dad has been moping around and acting pissy about everything because his psycho girlfriend won't talk to him. He now claims his life is over. I'm being raised by a teenage girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 508
You deserved it 2 970

SuperFail55 tells us more.

Thanks for all the comforting comments. I just thought that I should clear some things up. First of all, as much as I agree that men are just as entitled to their emotions as women I wanted to clarify that naturally he is NOT an emotional man at all. So it is just weird to have him acting so... hormonal. As some of you were wondering it isn't so much impairing his ability to be a parent as it is just not fun to be around him. Also being a teenage girl and having teenage girl friends we can be very melodramatic about relationships and so that's why I used that analogy (cough cough #'s 37 and 38 cough cough.)

Top comments

Maybe you should give him the "man the **** up" talk.

Comments

Just wait till he starts saying "I hate you." Or "you ruined my life!"

I'm disappointed that this was posted by a woman. Couldn't you have just said teenager? By specifying that he's acting like a girl you're enforcing the stereotype that women are always overly-sensitive about everything.

I am disappointed they said teenager. It is just reinforcing the stereotype that all teenagers are love sick and pathetic.

So you are going to get offended if someone uses an analogy such as, 'As loyal as a dog' if you don't own a particularly loyal dog? Just because you take offense, does not mean you're right.

I love the fact that in moaning about this use of a so called stereotype, you have just further reinforced the stereotype.

Drag0nb0rn 22

As a teenage boy with lots of friends that are teenage girls most of them are very hormonal and emotional and I can also say lots of teenagers are love sick and pathetic

I'm disappointed in you for carrying out the whiny feminist stereotype.

br00kr 22

Thats because we are over sensitive about a lot of things. Like we can't even get along with each because of stupid jealousy and the thoughts that your body or personality is better than somebody else

wafflefriez91 17

Oh no! The irony is killing me. Are you really throwing a hissy fit over the internet about girls being overly sensitive? You were offended by the phrase "teenage girl". Maybe people would stop thinking this if you stopped proving them oh-so right.

You're such a hypocrite, you're being overly sensitive about a reference steryotyping girls being over sensitive..

ITS BECAUSE WE ARE I SWEAR IM 15 AND ALL THE EMOTIONAL SHIT THAT HAPPENS TO GIRLS IS CONFUSING I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND MY OWN EMOTIONS SO HUSH YOURSELF!

Jegus. OK SO /IT'S NOT A STEREOTYPE HORMONES ARE NOT A STEREOTYPE THEY'RE AN ACTUAL THING

I think you need to go on your own...or find some way to have him be less controlled...

I know how you feel my dads the same way:p my dads also a drunk so that makes it even worse

Take him for a beer and enjoy some family time together. He may see that there are more important things in life and have a bit of fun. Good luck

If her name is Sheryl M. from MI she can go **** herself.

dutch_girl13 20

There are some things a guy should just man up to, however men are authorized to have emotions to.

Thanks for all the comforting comments. I just thought that I should clear some things up. First of all, as much as I agree that men are just as entitled to their emotions as women I wanted to clarify that naturally he is NOT an emotional man at all. So it is just weird to have him acting so... hormonal. As some of you were wondering it isn't so much impairing his ability to be a parent as it is just not fun to be around him. Also being a teenage girl and having teenage girl friends we can be very melodramatic about relationships and so that's why I used that analogy (cough cough #'s 37 and 38 cough cough.)

enchantress95 7