By Anonymous - 24/03/2015 20:52 - United States - Carlsbad

Today, after telling my audience of preschoolers and parents that I'd been performing magic since I was a kid in 1995, a 4-year-old got more laughter and applause than I did in my entire act by gasping, "1995? You should be dead by now!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 168
You deserved it 3 035

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kids say the funniest things. Once, a 2 year old girl I was babysitting pointed at my boobs and went "why are your apples bigger than my mommy's??" Sometimes you've just gotta laugh because that's really all you can do

You should have made her disappear in a puff of smoke ;)

Comments

You should have made her disappear in a puff of smoke ;)

It was a four year old child. All they know well are years that start with 20--, so it probably seemed foreign and ancient to the child.

Kids say the funniest things. Once, a 2 year old girl I was babysitting pointed at my boobs and went "why are your apples bigger than my mommy's??" Sometimes you've just gotta laugh because that's really all you can do

I think it's sad that parents don't teach their kids proper anatomy/names for body parts

@49, what do you expect the mother to teach her four year old? 'hey honey these are my ****.' ?

#49 yeah when I was a kid I used to call them balloons. You can't tell me when you were a kid you didn't call them something different.

#49 she was 2. It is beyond acceptable for her not to have earned about anatomy yet.

She was 4, and at that point I think it's really important that kids know what body part are which. What if God forbid, she was molested or raped? It's a lot more useful to say "he touched my labia" versus "he touched me in my (whatever ridiculous name they were told to use)". What's actually wrong with teaching them proper terminology?

I babysat a 5 year old once. I tried to help her get into her pajamas and she kept covering her "boobies". I had to explain to her that we're both girls so it's okay, and when she gets older, THATS when she needs to cover her "boobies" I find it funny her parents taught her it was called boobies, and not just boobs.

#64 the girl in the story is 4. The girl in my comment is 2. For all you know, the girl in the story knows all about the human body. And yes, sorry, *learned

That's why they give dolls or ask them to point to the area. If they have a certain word for areas I don't see the issue. I don't see why they need an in depth either at 2-4 maybe around 6 or something unless they ask before. My mom just answered questions unless she thought I was too young to know the answer and she just told me that.

My aunt taught me that ****** was Spanish for private parts and I believed it until I was 11.

You can take that story to the grave now ;)

Hopefully you got just as much of a laugh out of it! The kid sounds adorable.

Hey, the audience got a little chuckle out of a kid saying something genuinely innocent. You're okay.

lexiieeex3 32

At least you got laughter spread around that was really cute!

You indirectly caused the laugh so it counts right?

I didn't even have to look at your profile and already I knew you were born that year.

Shadowvoid 33

That kid has a long, hard life of realization ahead of him if he thinks people kick the bucket around 30

The kid was 4, I don't think they were worried about the math lol

ekmjwp19951993 10

Around 30? I was born in 95 and you're off by about 10 years!

Your maths is about as good as a four year olds, I was born in 1991 and I'm not close to 30

OP was performing magic as a kid in 1995, not born then. He could easily be around 30.