By Stressed Mother - 18/03/2015 21:26 - United States - Piscataway

Today, after months of job hunting, I finally got a phone call. They were impressed with me. That's when my son decided to throw a tantrum asking for food. After some silence, the caller told me they were looking for someone who wasn't juggling little kids at home and hung up. My son is 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 009
You deserved it 5 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... Maybe you should get your son to work and pay the bills... AND FEED HIS GOD DAMN SELF.

trellz17 19

So everyone who works at that company has no small kids at home? Yeah right.

Comments

I hope there are repercussions to his actions. He needs to be made aware that 1. you are his mother not his maid and 2. he is old enough to know better and to maintain himself. Seriously mama, as much as you love him force him to grow up and take responsibility for his tantrums.

Geckosrock99 33

Sounds like that brat needs a good smack, or better yet, a spanking. If he's going to act like a child, treat him like one. He should've been taught a long time ago that not only is that behavior unacceptable, that yelling, or being loud in general while someone is on the phone is just plain rude.

I'm 20, I work for my own money and buy my own food...

In many states, it's illegal to discriminate on parental atatus. If they said that the reason was because you had kids at home then you might be able to sue.

This has nothing to do with actual parental status, your lawsuit won't get very far. Said law is there to prevent new mothers or soon-to-be mothers to be refused simply because they are pregnant or something like that. It is actually NOT illegal for employers to refuse someone who may have trouble organising their personal life, regardless if it involves kids or not. As with most laws, they are not as black-and-white as most people seem to think. Most laws have a specific purpose and can't be used for any general case.

YDI for rearing a twenty year old that thinks it's perfectly acceptable to throw a tantrum at all. Time to tell him to get a job and get out

Wow, there are so many questions going through my head right now .... Why is your son being so selfish and rude, why does your son thinks this behavior is (ever) acceptable, why is the person on the line so rude, ... I hope you phoned the company back to get another change for the job after you gave your son a decent punishment ...

martin8337 35

Some people have no manners.

Did you.. not parent your child to make food on his own? Or raise him to not be so self-absorbed? Or teach him manners?? Good luck with the job hunting anyway, though!

Your kid is kind of pathetic, at the same age I can make several different meals plus sides, and sometimes a desert, he can at least make himself a grilled ham and cheese sandwich or a bowl of cereal.