By Stressed Mother - 18/03/2015 21:26 - United States - Piscataway

Today, after months of job hunting, I finally got a phone call. They were impressed with me. That's when my son decided to throw a tantrum asking for food. After some silence, the caller told me they were looking for someone who wasn't juggling little kids at home and hung up. My son is 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 009
You deserved it 5 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... Maybe you should get your son to work and pay the bills... AND FEED HIS GOD DAMN SELF.

trellz17 19

So everyone who works at that company has no small kids at home? Yeah right.

Comments

Your child should be mature enough not to take tantrums and to give you space while you continue your interview. OP, I'd sort out your selfish brat before sorting out work. Sorry.

GamerPerson 19

He's ******* 20 and he can't ANYTHING himself?! Wtf!! FYL, OP. Kick his butt out for a few hours and tell him to "fend for himself",while you can see if you can salvaged that job, hopefully. :(

I don't know why so many people are judging OP's son so quickly. We do not know anything about OP, her family or her son. For all we know, OP's son might have a medical condition that can explain his abnormal behavior. If I was OP and my son was suffering from something, I'd feel hurt reading some of the comments being made about what her son should do and what OP should do to her son...

I have a feeling if the son had some special needs or cognitive issues it would've been mentioned. If op has some other medical issue and is cognitively "normal" than it's still wrong for him to throw a tantrum; especially while his mom is on the phone.

To be fair, she just might not realize that her son has special needs. Sometimes your child can have a very high-functioning case of autism or something similar, which people (including parents) can just mistake for a badly-behaving/raised child. However, if you manage to get them properly diagnosed and are able to educate yourself and take appropriate measures, you can see a material change in their behavior. Also, a lot of people aren't even really aware of the various special needs, or are simply in denial about their child. BUT in any case, there really is no way to know what exactly is the case without more info.

kittycat2007 18

YDI got raising him to be that way. My seven year old is better behaved.

That's one thing you learn at a very young age is not to interrupt someone.. But it seems he's got some other things to work on as well ..

Isn't that workplace discrimination even if you did have a little kid??

My 20 year old brother is the exact same, FYL op.

your son needs to fork over the salary you are missing and find a home of his own.

Maybe he's like that because somebody spoiled him his whole life? Maybe if THAT PERSON quits spoiling him, he'll learn to get things on his own.