By CCrew42 - 21/11/2014 00:27 - United States - Vancouver

Today, a girl said to me, "Sorry, but I have a boyfriend". I hadn't said anything to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 924
You deserved it 3 228

134257 tells us more.

Top comments

I hate when people assume that you want them! You should of told her "Sorry, was never interested..."

olpally 32

"Get over yourself, bitch" would have been the appropriate response.

Comments

I hate when people assume that you want them! You should of told her "Sorry, was never interested..."

Some people are just like that. No point losing any sleep over them. OP should have replied with something like "Well done. You want a cookie?" and walk off casually.

It just means your looks are influential enough to immediately make her intimidated ;) she was reminding herself she had a boyfriend, so she wasn't tempted by you, OP.... Yeah that's gotta be it....

I wonder though if OP really had been interested in her and was giving any really obvious non-verbal signals (accidentally or not) or was planning on making any moves, or if perhaps there was a rumor and someone told her he was planning on asking her out? I mean it's still a tad rude and definitely unwise to reject someone before they ask you out, even if you are reasonably certain they are interested in you, but... My opinion of her would be better if she was simply a socially awkward girl who correctly read the signals (or was misled by others or perhaps her own ego) and tried to immediately spare OP the trouble/time of trying to woo her, verses if she was simply being a conceited bitch who said that line in a manner which clearly showed (by the tone) that she felt superior to OP and meant to be rude and insulting.

badluckalex 23

an apology isn't needed! op didn't do anything

Its kind of a lose-lose situation. If he would've been flirting with her and let it continue on and then he found out she had a boyfriend he would've chewed her out for "leading him on." And the other option is to do what she did and say "I have a boyfriend" in which most guys would try to defend themselves saying "I just want to be friends" which we all know isn't true.

134257 19

#58 Or you get into my situation, and weren't trying to talk to her whatsoever.

notoriousbob 11

He didn't need to in the first place?

134257 19

#2 What, talk to her? I never planned to.

Well she looks the fool doesn't she? Unless you were undressing her with your eyes? You can communicate through body language too, you know?

I have some body language for you. It's a thumbs up or a middle finger. Take a guess. :)

#3: OP was sketching her nude, Titanic-style.

Op's massive pants bulge might have lead to that.

134257 19

#37, she would honestly be acting pretty calm if that's what I had been doing. Or she would of agreed to it, which would of made her comment odd, but reasonable, I guess.

olpally 32

"Get over yourself, bitch" would have been the appropriate response.

Hey atleast if you got 99 problems she ain't one.

"Bitch, don't flatter yourself!" *Snap Snap* *pirouette*

You sir deserve the best come back of the year award!

"I'm not Facebook, I don't care about your dating status"

I wonder if you did something instead of saying something, even if you didn't mean to. If you didn't and she's someone who gets off on being rude for no reason, it probably really sucks to be her boyfriend anyway.

She probably noticed they way you might've been looking at her. But if you weren't then she's just crazy.