By Completely Innocent - 05/03/2015 17:10 - United States

Today, a coworker told my manager that I and another girl were plotting to get her fired at the end of the month. She actually believed her. Now we're suspended without pay for two weeks for conspiracy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 569
You deserved it 2 821

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not 100% sure if that actually legal to do, if it's only a thought/belief! If I were OP I would talk to an HR or someone higher up and see what you can do about that..

Comments

haymrslange 6

That's a thing? Haha I'm sorry it's just my husband and I were trying to get my old coworker fired because she was just evil ?

Well, if you and the other girl didn't have a reason to get her fired before, you have one now.

File a personal grievance - unless she has proof that you were trying to get her fired, there is no way that you should be suspended without pay. Defamation is a bitch ... just like she is and that is a reason to REALLY get her fired.

gobiteme2 34

#17 I think you are on the right track. Since OP is from the U.S. she and her co-worker could take her to small claims court. No lawyer need also they both could show that they lost income from the lie.

It's not illegal to suspend an employee, ESPECIALLY in the United States. And it's all right not to pay OP anyway since she can't actually work. OP will have to either wait it out, complain to her boss's superiors, or just get another job.

jimmer23 21

You should totally get her fired. She's basically asking for it.

khoov19 20

sounds like your coworker is a two year old maybe she should be in a timeout

Playing Mafia... now with real-life consequences!

best game ever. and that is akward as hell.

BlackFire4890 16

sounds to me like its time for a talk with HER boss and a lawyer

Sorry your manager has trust issues, hope everything will be okay!