Time to run

By sad day - 21/06/2020 17:04

Today, my dad planned his wedding to his mistress for literally the day after his divorce from my mom becomes final. My dad says he’ll be devastated if I don’t go, while my mother will feel betrayed if I do. I’m not sure who to hurt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 306
You deserved it 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don’t go. Mom has already been betrayed by your dad. Plus it will probably be super-awkward for you to act happy, when you still haven’t had the time to process the divorce. Sorry you are having to go through this.

Why is this a question in your mind? Going would be condoning your father’s betrayal. Even the marriage to your mom was doomed to end, there’s a right way and a wrong way to end a relationship. Put yourself in your mother’s shoes, how would you feel?

Comments

I spent years playing piggy in the middle between my divorced parents. It's not worth trying to keep them both happy. Do what *you* want to do. The injured party will be an adult and eventually get over it. You're not showing loyalty from one to the other by deciding to do what you want to do. If they're childish enough to let it be an issue then you're more adult than they are. Just do what you want to do. I know that you don't want to disappoint your mother but the fact that they both got divorced, really has nothing to do with you. Do whatever makes *you* feel happy.