There is a light that sometimes goes out

By Hannah - 15/08/2021 06:01 - New Zealand - Tauranga

Today, I saw a light switch on in the hallway at school, so I tried turning it off. That was the light switch for the entire second floor. So many people saw, I turned it back on and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 309
You deserved it 904

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you throw a switch in a hallway? Many buildings have self-destruct switches, so you could have blown everybody up!

Your not responsible for the electric bill in the school...totally a you deserved it

Comments

Why would you throw a switch in a hallway? Many buildings have self-destruct switches, so you could have blown everybody up!

Your not responsible for the electric bill in the school...totally a you deserved it

That’s called an “attractive nuisance” a thing that can “call out to you” to check it out but it can get you into trouble. At least there was no damage done. It’s really odd that they would made a whole floor of lights controlled by one switch - But then I know little of how things are normally done in your country. One place where I worked, there was a ceiling sprinkler in the hallway to the restroom that was probably within reach if I were to reach up (I am reasonably tall). Going past it a few times a day I began to imagine what would happen if I flicked the little fusible link on the sprinkler and set it off… I never did that but the impulse was there. I knew that it would result in a big mess and probably get me into trouble so I left it alone. The human mind is funny sometimes - You have to learn to leave things alone that you are not supposed to touch…

rotflqtms_ 21

Yeah, at work, I always have this intense urge to pull the fire alarm. I've never pulled a fire alarm before, but now as a professional adult, I'm sometimes hit with the urge. I of course know not to do it and would like to believe that I never would, but the urge is still there. Most patients on my floor can't even walk. I'd cause so much trouble...