The Terminator

By jobekka - 15/11/2022 10:06

Today, I called my mother to hear how my dog was doing, because she had been taking care of her while I was moving. My mom told me she had put her down a couple of days ago, cause she was sick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 695
You deserved it 205

jobekka tells us more.

follow up a few years later. i was so hurt the day I wrote this, and i still haven't forgiven my mom for this. I've tried to talk to her about it, but ive never even got an apology. She put my dog down, because she found a autoimmune condition that caused my dog not to have any blood left. and the vet knew my mom, plus on paper my mom owned her, even though she had been living with me since I moved out 7 years earlier. it wasn't the wrong decision, i just wish I knew so I could say goodbye to the pet i loved above everything in my life.

Top comments

Sweetie 5

check the local shelter she might have just dropped it off

What a rotten thing to do. That wasn't her place to make that decision. I'm very sorry for your loss. However, I agree with the other comment about checking local shelters.

Comments

I feel your pain. My only pet dog had to be out down while I was away at summer camp at 16. my parents chose not to tell me for almost a week because they didn't want to "ruin" camp. Same as you, I just wish I had known to say goodbye.

lostinnh 1

I’d threaten to do the same to her unless she got me another dog.

windy2310 1

A loved dog turns into winds in its next life, and will rub your days again and again. This is a line offered by a poet to someone who was hurt deeply after his dog passed away. May your happy memory with your dog comfort you in the future.