Thanks, I hate this

By fat girl - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - North Pole

Today, my coworkers threw me a surprise baby shower. I'm not pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 433
You deserved it 5 674

Top comments

StillUsesMyspace 22

Play along, but ask for all of the receipts so you can exchange those baby gifts for whatever you want!

Comments

jojimugo 20

Yes let's blame the victim here ...

#37 - Kinda like how you're making assumptions that she has medical problems. She might actually NEED to work out.

38 - I take medication for my insomnia that causes me to gain weight easily. It's not just medical *issues* or laziness that can cause being overweight. Sometimes it really is out of the person's control - no matter how much I exercise while on the medicine, for example, I still continue to gain weight. >.

#52 You know, there something called the law of conservation of energy. If you're gaining weight, that means you're absorbing more energy that you expend. Your medication may lower your energy expenditure, but it's not a direct cause of weight gain. Food is. I think it's the critical thing to realize in weight management.

That's not a true statement. I was on pills that made me lose weight. I ate lots of terrible foods, like doughnuts, candy, and red bull on top of my usual three meals. I still lost weight. it had nothing to do with how much I was taking in as opposed to giving off. The pills just change your metabolism. Look up people on medical steroids. Your face and upper body gain weight without the rest of you following suit. Once you're off pills, you go back to normal.

kingdomgirl94 29

Or op is broke and cheap food has a billion carbs and tons of fat. Eating healthy is expensive. If you don't eat healthily, you're not going to have the energy needed to work out and lose it all. So you can't eat right and you'll be too tired to exercise and whoa look its a chain stemming from being broke! Tada! You have a basic guide to low-income obesity problems!

#63 I'm not sure if you were responding to me, but you are not contradicting my statement, nor the law of conservation of energy. Yes, you can take pills, which will increase your metabolism causing you to expend more energy, thus losing weight. Caffeine has that effect.

I didn't know physics was applicable to weight loss, in that way.

#63 I believe that it you eat a lot of bad foods which have zero calories or empty calories, then your body isnt getting the right amount of nutrients and/or calories it needs which can lead to weight loss for various reasons.

Yes because that's the important part

I think this FML requires a follow up.

AnOriginalName 19

Yup #2, OP didn't know she was pregnant. But at least now she knows!

#31, I don't. It's a pretty self-explanatory situation.

StillUsesMyspace 22

Play along, but ask for all of the receipts so you can exchange those baby gifts for whatever you want!

Bit of a flaw in that plan. She needs to actually produce a baby eventually. :$

Although I cringe whilst typing this, she could say she had a miscarriage and it is doubtful that her coworkers, with any emotional intelligence, would think to investigate her pregnancy further. I do not recommend this path though...

conman531 23

Well at least they were thinking of you

ouchh.... I wonder how you handled that situation? It's their fault for jumping to conclusions . thank them anyway, it was a kind thought

That seems odd. Shouldn't a shower only be thrown when a public announcement has been made? So sorry OP.

It's really odd how ALL her coworkers assumed she's pregnant without confirming anything.

all it takes is one person to start a rumor , like chinese whispers you say one thing and it gets passed down the line .

lexiieeex3 32

That's terrible I'm so sorry!

Look at the bright side. Free Gifts!