Thanks guys

By Anonymous - 05/06/2010 10:36 - United States

Today, it was my co-worker's birthday but she told me not to mention it. Feeling bad for her, I went out to buy her a card, a present, and even a small cake. It turns out that there was actually a party during our lunch break, and I was the only one in our office not invited. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 385
You deserved it 3 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The nice thoughtful ones are always screwed, arent they?

Comments

breeza 0

You were thoughtful and kind and karma comes back ten fold. Don't be upset that your co-workers are knobs, because what goes around, comes around and the universe recognises and will eventually acknowledge the goodness in you.

well normally people arent like that for no reason, you probably pissed someone off or you're really weird/annoying to get ditched like that, but dont worry everyone has their quirks.

Am I the only one who thought perhaps OP got the cake etc. *during* lunch, and so he just wasn't around to be invited? It could've been an impromptu thing.

bday person was being nice to op - to hurt her less if she didnt find out

How is that nice? I'd call it "being a fake, lying bitch". Being nice would be inviting the OP, or even RESPECTFULLY saying "I don't think we should be friends anymore", instead of childishly and cowardly holding a secret party.

scruff13 0

I get treated like this at work too. everyone else gets asked to lunch except me. my advice, don't get involved with all that office drama. you are actually better off for it. sorry they treated you like that.

it sucks, doesn't it? Anyway, FYL OP. It's not like it's your fault. Try holding your own party, and inviting her (pretending that you didn't know she held one behind your back). Say something to the effect of "It's a shame you didn't have a party", making her feel guilty. Or alternatively, you could hold your own party and not invite her :)

#90: No, people can just be unreasonable.

Slipknot1029 0

thats well shit, tell them to shove the card up their arse and add a few pubes to the cake before they eat it

scruff13 0

I get treated like this at work too. everyone else gets asked to lunch except me. my advice, don't get involved with all that office drama. you are actually better off for it. sorry they treated you like that.