Stinky pits

By shakinmahbuttbutt - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, it's been two weeks since my parents went crazy with their attempts to save on the water bill. Every time I want to take a shower, I have to ask them first. Let's just say I've had to resort to taking sponge baths in public bathrooms to keep my B.O. under control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 850
You deserved it 4 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shakin your butt butt probably isn't going to help with your BO.

Omfgitsmia 15

Almost sounds like my mom these days. Maybe shower at a friends?

Comments

your parents are going abit overboard . I would tell them how you feel ,and if they dont listen to you then make them smell you .im pretty sure they will want you to have a shower then.

That's just weird. There are so many better ways to save money than smelling like a homeless person. FYL OP

I agree. Maybe OP can introduce new, easier ways to save money to his parents. Hopefully they will come to their senses.

perdix 29

I'm guessing toilet flushes are out of the question?

The OP has been sneaking water from the bowl and using it to wash himself. That's why he had to use the public bathrooms. His parents didn't trust him with his water usage.

I have a feeling they are going by the, "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down" philosophy. :/

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.

Aww crap, 53 was writing the same thing at the same time. Please flush my previous comment.

Are you sure you don't want to just let it mellow?

#55 Actually #53 wrote it 7 minutes before you did not at the same time but nice try though! ;)

55 would have opened the comment field at the same time 53 was writing their comment, so they were both writing comments within the same time frame. 55 would not have known what had been submitted in the time they were writing their comment. Why would someone just repeat what was written above them?

When I opened the comment field, 53 had not submitted their comment yet, so we were writing them at the same time. I am paranoid about spelling, sentience structure etc, so I take my time before hitting submit. Which is why it took me several minutes. My mistake was not checking to see if something similar had been written at the same time. I could have changed or deleted my observation in the 120 sec edit time. Edit: blast, the same thing just happened again, my comment timing is way off today.

*sentence. Thats it, never commenting on my phone again.

#94, That's how I always comment. Just takes a little while.

#6, as a psychology major i must say that this is one of the most annoying sayings ever.

wellthen7154 12

The gym membership is a good idea, but it sounds like OP is still living at home and may not be able to go to the gym as frequent as they need to. I would try to talk your parents into letting you shower a bit more, or just heavily spray fragrances on you... Sorry OP.

Or take the money that would be used for the membership and offer it towards the bill so the shower is available when needed.

What 17? A little insanity adds flavor to life

Brianna_Ray 23

Well, OP, me thinks your parents have gone off the deep end, eh?

Being insane is by definition not normal. You can't be a "normal amount of insane."

#10: I think one can be classified insane when s/he read words that weren't actually used.