Shelve your plans

By anon17 - 18/03/2010 13:49 - United States

Today, I discovered that my fiancé had responded to an online missed connection posting. He has been emailing, exchanging pictures and making plans to go out with this girl. We are supposed to be married in the fall and just put down the non-refundable deposit on our reception site. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 667
You deserved it 3 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what an asshole...sorry OP sometimes it's the people who we luv most which hurt in the worst possible way. :-(

I want to call you a ****. ..........But that's just an insult to vaginas.

Comments

haamoney 0

it's not nessisarily a dating thing. she could have saw him and just thought it was him and wanted to be sure. then it was and they wanted to meet up again. I had that exact thing happen to me but I was not going to cheat or anything. it was just an old friend and I got dumped over it

So, you were going through missed connection personal ads and saw one where an old friend thought they saw you? You said you had the same thing happen, so I'm just trying to get it straight. There is definitely a huge difference between an old friend sending you a message out of the blue and responding to a personal ad. Also, If the OP knows they were exchanging emails, exchanging pictures and making plans to meet up, wouldn't you think she read those emails? I would think that if she knew they were making plans, that she read the emails. She'd get whether they were old friends or not.

yea, I totally look for old friends on dating sites all the time!

perdix 29

I hear polygamy's making a comeback these days. Just make sure that bitch puts in her third to the wedding costs. Learn to thoroughly control your gag reflex and toss salad, so you'll be the #1 wife. Let her deal with the #2.

I know I am a minority on this one but I just don't really get strict monogamy. why just only one? who's idea was that anyway? so you'd know who's kid was yours a billion years ago?? we r still using an outdated relationship system, and guess what, look around, it's good for some, but probably not the majority???

Some people don't like to share. Including me. :P

perdix 29

Thazzzrite, I beat you by 8 minutes. We may still be a minority, but we could be the beginning of s movement! Alexandraa, you are young and can keep up with your man. Eventually, you may want to slow down, but he won't, and you might find that sharing takes some of the pressure off. It would be better to share with a woman you know who contributes to your household rather than some ***** he nails in secret and brings home her soup of disease.

monnanon 13

as was mentioned by myself in an earlier fml polygamy can only work if THE OTHER PERSON KNOWS ABOUT IT!!!! If the other person does not know and has not agreed then it is not polygamy it is just cheating.

Lol, soup of disease. :P To each our own I guess, I just can't ever see myself being okay with that.

monnanon 13

That's exaclty the kind of relationship my fiance and I have. Very well said!! I don't understand how people can say they love someone and want to spend the rest of their life with said person and still keep secrets. If you are open and honest and leave jelousy at the door, sharing can make a relationship better.

Umm... **** the deposit. You aren't even married yet- this is a preview of what your life with this guy will be like. Beat feet, girl. Plenty of other fish in the sea.

I mean I've been eating pepperoni pizza for 14 years now and it might be nice to have a slice of mushroom once in a while, but it wouldn't mean that I didn't still love pepperoni... I just think we r wired to b monogamous and polygamous at the same time... hmmmm...

monnanon 13

again polygamy only works if both parties know and agree to it. Please don't use it as a way to justify cheating. As for the pizza comment loving pizza is a bit different to loving a person.

haamoney 0

all of y'all that are saying she should leave him are dumb, sorry but how do you even know he was cheating???? you dont

ydi for thinking that marriage means anything to guys.

EvanColbert 0

wow, that really sucks, leave the bastard

shoeliz 0

that really sucks, at least you are only out a deposit and a fiancé..... still I'm sorry :(