One day, maybe…

By PairOfSocks - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Finland - Tampere

Today, one of my friends bought a wedding dress for her upcoming wedding. My other friend intends to propose to her boyfriend, and ordered rings. I too made a purchase: a pair of socks for myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 422
You deserved it 1 377

Top comments

Well a wedding dress won't keep your feet warm in winter, so i'd say you made the right choice!

Don't be in a rush to be engaged or married. Share your friends joy now - Then one day your time will come. Being in a hurry to be in a relationship causes mistakes that can hurt you.

Comments

As someone who is married and has a young child, enjoy what you have now to the full. I am happy and enjoying life, just know that it will never be the same. Knowing who you are and what you want in life will make you that much more attractive to someone too.

Look on the bright side. you aren't getting married. and there's nothing more comfortable than new socks. IMO the fml should be on them.

OP: As Ann Landers, a famous advice columnist, used to write: It's much better to wish you were in a relationship than to wish you weren't....

bubblemania 16

Hey I understand. Most of my friends are knocked up or partying now while I'm at home looking at Facebook for new projects to do at work xD

Socks are important and can keep your feet warm and dry.

The average marriage nowadays only last eight years, Stick around you can all go out drinking and celebrate the divorce...

So? Live your own life and quit trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Why is this an FML? So you got socks. Socks are awesome. If youre jealous of your friends, thats your feelings, but this is a happy time for them. If youre single you will find someone when the time is right and try not to be too desperate.