Of all the places…

By rastamerican - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - San Jose

Spicy
Today, at a red light, my mom started to tell me that she and my dad hadn't had sex in months, that they "probably won't bounce back from this one," and are most likely getting a divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 202
You deserved it 1 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

secretsymbiote21 5

whoa! sometimes parents dont have a filter.

Honestly, if she's telling YOU this kind of info she must REALLY need someone to talk to. be there

Comments

secretsymbiote21 5

whoa! sometimes parents dont have a filter.

Parents sometimes need to remember the line when it comes to talking to there kids

She obviously really needs someone to talk to! Does she have a best friend or close family member her own age you could get hold of to help her during these dark times?

Yeah, and OP had to hear that in a car too... Nowhere to run... FYL OP.

Whoever said they were a child? They could be a full grown adult, and if thats the case, they could be all the mother has to talk to. I do agree the mother should see a counselor to have someone to talk to and help her out- but sometimes those things come out when you're hurting and worried. And even if they aren't an adult, they're obviously old enough to understand the situation I'm sure. And hopefully they were there for their parent and at least consoled their mother somehow.

Sad that all marriage boils down to is sex nowadays I mean that's probably not the only reason you got married why is the reason to get divorced. There may be other issues but I mean come on

@55 sad that there are people that think that you can have a happy relationship when one person wants sex and the other doesn't. Sex shouldn't be the reason for a relationship but it is a very important part of one.

Quest_ 13

Your dad needs to bounce off your mum's back.

I've never heard of that position before. Is it good?

OPs dad needs to give OPs mum a pearl necklace.

20 - You mean a literal pearl necklace, right? Right?

How many times did it happen that this time was the last straw? o_o

Many marriages have rough times, this could be the 3rd time or the 20th, who knows. Every marriage has its flaws and its issues. The point is that it's sad to hear it potentially ending at this point. And it's sad how high the divorce rate is these days. But if it's any consolation OP, I grew up with just a father through a divorce. I hope you and your family all the best!

Just let your mom know you love her and support her. Ask if she has considered counseling.

astralvagan 20

All you can do is be there for both of them....

zingline89 18

No sex for months? My guess is your dad has also been visiting the red light district

Not necessarily. Some guys don't need sex all the time or that often.

zingline89 18

My comments need to be taken with a grain of salt. I was not intending to imply that all or most men need sex all the time.

Honestly, if she's telling YOU this kind of info she must REALLY need someone to talk to. be there

Sorry to hear that OP. She had to tell you somewhere I guess :p

TweetAnne 13

Best to know sooner then later, but your mom didn't need to over share. Your mom will need you more now than ever.

Sorry you were forced to hear your parents troubles but since you can't change what was already said, just support them the best you can. Good luck.