By eh. - 27/08/2019 17:55

Today, my period started one week early, and I don’t have access to any hygiene products besides toilet paper for 3 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 003
You deserved it 316

eh tells us more.

eh 4

First of all I have bought enough products for my period. I’m on vacation on a boat with 3 men who don’t know squat about periods. We were supposed to pack light and my period doesn’t normally come 9 days early and I don’t carry a week’s worth of tampons every where I go. I did have one to last me for 10 hours but I can’t use that for 3 days

Top comments

eh 4

I am. I don’t carry a week’s worth of tampons with me when my period wasn’t due for another 9 days

Sady_Ct, no, nobody "deserves" getting short-handed a week early "thanks" to good ol' Mother Nature in this oh-so-very-personal way. Is OP unfortunate or unlucky, yes; but truly DESERVING of it? I (of opposite gender) respectfully differ.... Not much in terms of sympathy/ compassion for the Sisterhood, are you apparently? ;-(

Comments

I think all the people going YDI are either men, or women whose periods are so light that they don't even need to use products. (For the record, right now it's 10% YDI and 90% YLS in the voting.)

leximichelle 13

As a female with a regular cycle, I vote FYL, simply because when you have a certain schedule that it follows for several months or years, you tend to expect that most of the time, and only prepare for small irregularities. For instance, I only carry pads in my day bag for about two weeks out of the month when I’m thinking about it, but only actually think about NEEDING them for about six days (the days I’m actually using them). If I go on a trip or something, I’ll usually check my tracker beforehand to make sure I’m well enough away from starting by the time I get back home, or to a place where I can stock up while out if needed. Point being, some people can only really empathize after they’ve been caught up in the situation, but realize that it DOES happen, even to adults.

Jeez, some of the comments on here. Yup, if you're born female, it's now your responsibility to carry a week's worth of products and painkillers with you EVERY day of your life, EVERY where you go. You simply MUST give up about five square inches of every bag or suitcase you carry for any trip, regardless of length and distance from last period, and this is your responsibility or you have failed as a human being. Period is earlier/ heavier / longer than usual? YDI for not knowing everything your body, which you have zero control over, is going to do well in advance. /s Come on, guys. Sheesh. It's a crummy situation. Avoidable? Maybe. But maybe some people want the quality of life that comes with NOT having to think about what SHOULD be a relatively small thing *constantly*. Aren't periods obtrusive enough on life as it is? Heartfelt condolences OP. Hope it wasn't a symptom of any other problems, and was just a random early.

Also WTF are you guys using that you can carry a week's worth of product around every single day of your lives and it isn't getting ripped up by keys and cellphones and wallets and spare changeand makeup? If I leave product in my small, practical, functional purse for a month the tampon wrappers are going to have tears, the pads will have quarters folded up into them and there is a strong likelihood of makeup powder on everything. It's got to be people who don't menstruate writing these YDIs. Or just super privileged ladies with bug purses, extra cash, and light flows. Irregular ladies who are saddled with the need to haul your whole stash around everywhere all the time, I feel deeply for you. What a gd hassle.