Lesson learned

By gymnasticscoach - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a kid I coach on a regular basis was talking to me about what I did outside of work. After we were done with the conversation, she told me with a straight face that I needed to get a life and get a boyfriend. She's 10. And she's right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 393
You deserved it 10 082

Top comments

Damn, your a gymnastics coach and you can't get a boy friend. You must really be doing something wrong. I'm a programmer and I don't have a girlfriend. At least I have an excuse!

As if having a boyfriend makes you a better person or something... tell the kid she'll understand when she's older. That'll piss her off!

Comments

upsidedown03 0

This one made me laugh and feel guilty at the same time!

Damn, your a gymnastics coach and you can't get a boy friend. You must really be doing something wrong. I'm a programmer and I don't have a girlfriend. At least I have an excuse!

deliciouskaek 1

Sounds like you're the one who was already dissatisfied with her life; this has nothing to do with the the 10 year old. Looks like it was time to re-evaluate anyway. Besides, kids today are snotty little brats anyway. And if you're happy with what you do outside of work, guess what - you already have a life.

As if having a boyfriend makes you a better person or something... tell the kid she'll understand when she's older. That'll piss her off!

Getting a boyfriend doesn't necessarily solve anything and if you're happy with you're life then what's wrong? Of course, if you agree then just go out there and go for it.

This does nothing other than prove that the socialized programing (i.e., "You're not living a complete life unless you have a significant other.") about romantic/sexual relationships starts at a young age. It's ridiculous. I've watched television shows and films with a target audience of 4-6 years old, and they're already shoving this down their throats.

Significant others aren't necessarily needed but friends in general are. Usually make life easier with more people to help you in life. Call it a support network for the shitstorms that happen. Having a significant other is great as long as you both share similar goals and aspirations in life. Makes life a little simpler. The only thing that truly matters if if you think your life needs to be re-evaluated. If you want more friends, bf/gf, or a life outside work you need to believe you do then change.