Killing in the name of

By Anonymous - 05/07/2020 02:00

Today, I've loved for years that my boyfriend works at an animal shelter, but I learned from his coworker that he’s the guy that puts the animals to sleep, full time, sometimes 30 a day. Now I’m disgusted to sit in the same room as him, because he always says he loves his job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 711
You deserved it 400

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LadyRen 20

Animals get put down a lot of times because they’re too ill to have a good quality of life anymore. It’s like ending their suffering and allowing them to move on, maybe that’s what he enjoys. Helping the animals not feel pain and illness so bad they can’t really live as normal.

ChristopherL98 3

My last cat had to get put down because he had bad cancer and tumors all over his stomach and couldn't eat anymore. The vet said keeping him alive any longer is cruel and he should be put down. Throughout his life, he always hated the vet and avoided his little cage like the plague when he saw it that we brought him to the vet in. On his last day, when we tried to get him in to be put down, he just walked in right away and just sat there without any fight. Something about him just felt like he couldn't take the pain anymore and wanted it to end. It's sad, but sometimes they have to be put down due to health complications. They tend to be quite free spirited and when their health is so bad that they're on constant pain, it's sometimes the right thing to do.

Comments

How have you not known his actual job title for “years”? I mean unless he flat out lied about it, I feel like that’s a standard question to ask on date number one.

peterblack67 9

How do you know the co worker was telling you the truth? Have you thought to discuss this with your boyfriend?

randybryant799 20

Seriously? It took you years to find out what he does. Do you 2 never speak to each other?