In the dark

By Anonymous - 20/01/2021 20:02 - Canada - Kitchener

Spicy
Today, since I've been falling for the girl I've been sleeping with for the past couple of months, I decided it was time for us to talk about making things official and exclusive. I was confident she'd feel the same way. Then I found out she's an escort. FML
I agree, your life sucks 660
You deserved it 1 122

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So... did she present you with a bill for services rendered? If not, then be flattered. She's with you because she wants to be. Whether you can accept her choice of job is your own trip, not hers.

I mean, gotta decide if you can come to terms with that, but it does sound like actually likes to be with you, assuming you’re not hiring her. Of course you never said if she actually was interested or turned you down. (If you were paying her and thought she was into her, then you’re as dumb as you think you are.)

Comments

So what? You would rather she were unemployed? A job is a job. What she does for a living shouldn't change the way you feel because, at the end of the day, you're the one she's coming home to... unless you're really that possesive and shallow, in which case, this would be an FHL

So... did she present you with a bill for services rendered? If not, then be flattered. She's with you because she wants to be. Whether you can accept her choice of job is your own trip, not hers.

tounces7 27

I would say that rather depends on what her job specifically entails. If she's actually sleeping with other people, then no, no reasonable person should be expected to want to be with someone with that kind of job.

Be careful assuming that your own values are the same as everyone else's. Though I probably could not do it myself, I know people who have zero problem with their significant other being a sex worker. Just because you can't imagine it for yourself, that does not mean that "no reasonable person" could ever do it. Just because you do not understand polyamory, that does not make poly people abnormal or sick.

so it's reasonable to be a consumer of **** and escorts but it unreasonable for them to have normal lives with normal healthy relationships? you should probably re-evaluate your morals or stop consuming anything that's related to sex work.

I mean, gotta decide if you can come to terms with that, but it does sound like actually likes to be with you, assuming you’re not hiring her. Of course you never said if she actually was interested or turned you down. (If you were paying her and thought she was into her, then you’re as dumb as you think you are.)

Where you paying her? If so how much was the Uber you paid for?

That’s a tricky situation. If the relationship is not exclusive and you are just enjoying each other and the gal is honest with you I would say don’t be judgmental - But be aware you are at risk of catching something if you aren’t careful. Enjoy the “free ride” if you can, if that’s what you want. If you were paying her, you should have known from the very beginning that you were not her only client. On the other hand, if you want an exclusive relationship and she doesn’t then this is not going to work out for you. While it’s not impossible that she might eventually decide to quit her current line of work, I would say to listen carefully. If she shows no inclination to do that and being exclusive is where you want to go, then it’s better to break up if the relationship is not going to become what you are looking for. Painful as a breakup is now, the more time into a relationship, the harder the breakup. People do change, but unlike the ending of the movie “Pretty Woman” people rarely completely change their profession and goals. It’s not an impossible situation, but if your goals are not compatible then it’s unlikely to work out.

I'm here to echo the sentiment that if she wasn't charging you it's because she really enjoys your company (or body lmfao). Y'all could still be in an exclusive relationship; escorting is just a job.

Call me old fashioned, but that seems like the wrong way around.

So what’s the issue? If she hasn’t been charging you, then she’s seeing you because she likes you. Just don’t expect her to quit her job for a partner she’s only been seeing for a couple months. You wouldn’t expect that from any other job, would you?