Hots for therapist

By ouch - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - Canada - Saint Marys

Today, I found out that the only reason my husband agreed to marriage counselling is because he finds our therapist attractive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 458
You deserved it 2 884

Top comments

Well, if that's the reason he agreed to counselling, it's unlikely he would put in the effort required to make the marriage work. You might have to come to terms with that.

Comments

....Probably time for a new husband at this point.

I vote new husband. Or no husband. Just not that husband, because getting a new therapist wouldn't solve the problem.

What an ass. At least your going there even though it's for the wrong reasons

I say skip the therapy and divorce at that point.

Well, if that's the reason he agreed to counselling, it's unlikely he would put in the effort required to make the marriage work. You might have to come to terms with that.

DaEpicTaco 13
bad_boyfriend 10

It's always funny to me when people say this about a stranger. She could be a miserable **** and deserve everything she gets. You dont know.

I'm sorry but if OP is trying to make their marriage work and their husband is actively trying to hurt OP, I know who I'd defend here

dantee2005 33

Lol. U have to appreciate his commitment to "his" cause

I agree, she must be really good looking for him to put up with marriage counselling just to see her. But in all honesty, she should divorce him if he is no longer in love, let alone interested in his wife. You'll just have to face that sometimes somethings are just too far gone to save.

mads_nicole 19

I'd say get a new therapist and if that doesn't work, get a new husband to.

No, she should just divorce him. His motivation to go to the sessions was to check out the therapist, not to save his marriage.

I like how you just combined two previous comments to form yours

Or I just happen to think the same way they do. There's no point in telling op to get a new therapist because the husband seems to have no respect for her, and people don't change.

I have to disagree about people not changing. I am not who I was a year ago, I dont make the same mistakes. I used to be a terrible person and I realized what I was doing and I did change. I hate when people say that people dont change, I'm proof!

I can't believe everyone's saying "get a divorce" like it's a given. Honestly OP's husband has probably always been a dick. People don't just start saying things like that out of the blue. My point being that OP married this guy and obviously wants to put in the effort, so I doubt she's going to divorce him. Save your breath.

actually she very well could divorce him, if they are in therapy thats usually the last step to help save your marriage before dovorce .their marriage was to heading to divorce anyway, and the way her husband is acting will just cement the wife's decision to leave him .