Genius

By That'sMyBoy - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff - Australia - Abbotsford

Today, I put glue traps around my home to catch spiders. So far, the only thing dumb enough to get caught in one is my 10-year-old son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 431
You deserved it 936

Top comments

DarianM 18

I think the real question is, how big are these spiders!

Comments

DarianM 18

I think the real question is, how big are these spiders!

species4872 19

It's not so much how big but how deadly, OP is in a suburb of Sydney which is the home of the Sydney Funnel Web spider, which is the worlds most deadly spider and it will chase you. Also there are Red back's which are related to the Black Widow. The Red Backs venom is only slightly less potent then the Funnel Web but the spider is more prolific, you would not find any house without several of these lurking under something. There are also White Tail's, nasty bite. Huntsman, big, likes upper corners and ceilings but harmless. Wolf spiders, can kill dogs or cats but relatively harmless to humans. The list does continue. By the way all the above spiders with the exception of the Red Back are wandering spiders. So come and visit us sometime.

how do you know they're in Australia? it says Abbotsford which is in Canada bc...

And this is why there is only one Spider-Man! All of the other Spider-Boys always get trapped.

species4872 19

Bad idea, you shouldn't indiscriminately knock off all the spiders. Some like the huntsman are quite beneficial.

Maybe it wasn't actually your son but one of those spiders in the guise of your son.

katydid91 31

My first thought was "This is in Australia, isn't it?"

CrazyTrainWreck 19

Were your spider senses tingling?

I haven't found spider traps work very well. I highly recommend ultrasonic pest repellers. My apt had new spiders every day until I set those up in every room. No more spiders for over 2 years now. Heads up you will find more spiders for like a week as they try and figure out how to get out of the ultrasonic attack zone.