FML every way you look at it

By Anonymous - 24/09/2020 20:03 - Australia

Today, I had an enjoyable Tinder date, but I wasn't feeling any physical attraction because of her short hair. I let her know, to which she replied, "I don't like it either but growing it after chemo is a slow process." FML
I agree, your life sucks 452
You deserved it 3 489

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can't really say YDI unless you knew she had had cancer. You (hopefully) stated the reason for your lack of interest politely, and to me if I was on a date that was going well, it would be better to know why things weren't progressing than to be left guessing.

ojoRojo 27

Did You really need to tell her all that? Unless she specifically asked for details, you should’ve just said you weren’t interested in taking things further and left it at that.

Comments

Tell her you'd be happy to be just friends until she grows her hair out enough that you can start *******. That's the gentlemanly thing to do.

Chandl3r 9

I love how people can't sense the sarcasm there. It's halarious.

I can't really say YDI unless you knew she had had cancer. You (hopefully) stated the reason for your lack of interest politely, and to me if I was on a date that was going well, it would be better to know why things weren't progressing than to be left guessing.

Monkey Queen has given a sensible response.

ojoRojo 27

Did You really need to tell her all that? Unless she specifically asked for details, you should’ve just said you weren’t interested in taking things further and left it at that.

attraction doesn't happen immediately sometimes... eat some crow and hopefully you apologized.

bobsanction 18

Points for honesty. As long as you apologized it should be all good.

Physical attraction isn’t always needed for relationships at the start, however I understand where you’re coming from. But honestly, it’s HAIR, if her hair length is what made the decision for you, it’s 100% not the issue, and while being open and dialoging is good it needs to be wanted. So this is one of those half and half’s and it really does matter how you informed her of this lack of attraction.

tounces7 27

I just feel like pointing out specifically that her short hair is a turn off is kind of rude. You could have just left it at you not feeling a spark, chemistry etc. No girl wants to be told the specific physical aspect about them that is a turn off...

Redgy22 26

🤣😂🤣😂 I actually laughed out loud! That's a great comeback to such a rude and shallow comment whether or not it's even true.

If you guys met on Tinder, I find it hard to believe such a big life event didn't come up in conversation before this date. But I mean, if you didn't know, then that definitely sucks. Hope you apologized and the two of you can at least still be friends.