Dressed for success

By bitchsawmebuyit - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Yorktown Heights

Today, I realized the dress I bought yesterday still had the security tag on. I returned to the store to get it removed, only to realize I'd lost my receipt. The lady at the counter thought I stole it, called security, and had me escorted out, dress-less. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 714
You deserved it 4 760

Same thing different taste

Comments

"I set fire to your store, Now you're jobless; stupid ***** Yeah, I did go to jail, I'm there until 2034 Thirty-foooour"

Hopefully you paid with a credit or debit card. You can call customer service and they can fix it. They should be able to check store sales and see how many are in stock vs how many they should have. If one shows up xtra- it's your dress. It takes less than 5 minutes.

KiddNYC1O 20

Don't you have to go through a claim first? Which takes more than 5 minutes...

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Yikes, that's unfortunate. Hopefully the receipt will turn up and you can go back to prove it?

olpally 32

Your username says a lot. Damn, go get the receipt and come back and show them that! That's bs.

olpally 32

If you can find it, of course! Lol

crazytwinsmom 25

Some stores can look up the receipt on the register journal and/or by credit card. I always make sure the security tags are removed since it is a hassle to go back and deal with it.

KiddNYC1O 20
sugarshane007 20
KiddNYC1O 20

Could be Target, H&M, Gap, Old Navy, Marshall's, Aeropostale, Hollister, Pacsun etc.

Seriously you need to deal with that. It's not your fault you replaced the receipt, and the lady was so unkind as to throw you out of the store. Sorry OP

jewelsa 4

Have them check security tapes, make a formal complaint, and mention the employee and her extreme rudeness...

There's video cameras in almost every store(especially clothing stores), correct? Ask the police to go over the tapes, and prove your innocence.