Dream proposal

By groomfail - 02/03/2009 01:41 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend, whom I'm madly in love with, by having a plane fly over her house spelling "Marry me Abby?" After seeing it, she locked herself in her room and cried for hours, exclaiming that this wasn't how she wanted to be proposed to. I'd invited my entire family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 105 126
You deserved it 11 739

Same thing different taste

Top comments

she should have been thankful, because that's incredibly sweet. i don't understand the obsession with proposals as long as you're genuinely in love and propose in a way that shows you care.

I've only known one other person who had a fiance who bitched about the WAY her boyfriend proposed. She turned out to be insane, and they ended up splitting up. If she's seriously going to cry because you didn't propose how she wanted you to, it's time to break up.

Comments

That is ridiculous... I don't care how it happens for me... so long as I don't know WHEN... -_-' I swear I'm a girl and even I think they are ridiculous. As for the person who posted above me... no, there are different ways of proposing... it can be very romantic to do it when the family is there to show your love to everyone kind of like the "shout your love to all of the world" type thing. There isn't one way to propose to someone.

Dayen 0

seriously?! it was not like it was at a truck stop in the middle of now where. she strikes me as the type of person who would cry if she didn't get married at a certain age. I say end it. if she cried over a decent proposal chances are the wedding and eventually the marriage will not be a positive happy affair as it should be.

what a douche : i'd be happy to be proposed to in a more interesting way

d_hoffryn 0

This woman is cooked, consider yourself as having had a narrow escape. Imagine what she'd be like when pregnant! A sane woman would appreciate the gesture and effort even if she didn't like the method and this woman is clearly totally self involved. Run far away.

Geez, this is some tough shit! Ditch her the first time possible, she doesn't deserve you! Also, I don't see why guys can't have fun with this whole proposal-marriage stuff. Now I know girls are very much into this marriage stuff, but hey, it's a big day for BOTH of them, why can't the boy have preferences too? She should be grateful for being proposed in the first place!!!

I_Suck_At_Life 0

Ouch. Why didn't I think of that a year ago? Since I'm only 11, I proposed to a girl to be my girlfriend but she instead of locking herself in her room she made up a lie about it. You tell me which ones worse. You can read the rest of the story in my profile. I agree with all that say she's coocoo in the head =)

Yeah...that's why you don't invite a mass amount of people to a proposal. Her reaction was a definitely overly emotional, but still. Really?

whambamslam123 1
chazzzle 0

what a prissy bitch! tell her to get a life!