Dogfished

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I took my 13 year-old fishing off the pier for dogfish. The only thing he caught was a piece of my ear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 192
You deserved it 4 432

Top comments

Hey, piercings are cool these days, you just got one for free! Quit complaining and let him get the other one!

I'd hope not. Everybody knows that ears are much better when fried.

Comments

There's actually a fish referred to as the dogfish..?

Yes. They have a shark petting tank for the children at the NJ State Aquarium. I remember when I was a kid someone telling me that the miniature sharks in the tank were "Dog Fish." If I remember correctly (forgive me if I'm wrong or failed to identify someone messing with me as I was a child) they're a really small species of sharks, I guess about the size of a salmon. My guess is that they only eat really small fish and that's why it's safe to let children pet them.

#32 that is pretty much correct except that they can get to about 4 feet long, nut that is still pretty small for a shark

Ohh okay. Thanks guys for the clarification :)

zRatio 6

The dislike trolls are coming! Brace yourself.

it could be worse, you could have gone shooting

perdix 29

Am I the only one who is relieved that this is a story about someone fishing for something other than compliments?

"Fish heads, fish heads, Rolly-polly fish heads, Fish heads, fish heads, Eat them up, yum!"

stephhrunsaway 21

Agreed. I HATE when people fish for compliments. My friend's always says,"I look like shit. I look fat" and looks at me expectantly. One of these days, I'll just agree just to see what she'll do lol

Bet that made you earitable. Felt the need to join the corny pun club! Next-"I feel the need. . . The need for speed."

I read that as the porny cum club... bahaha.

JMichael 25

Well time to pull a Van Gogh and cut it off.

Jesus Christ there are so many thumbs down comments 0_0

Comet_Candy 23

That's what I was thinking. I've never seen so many thumbed down comments before! OT: Ouch... As someone who's been hooked by accident while fishing with my father, I completely understand your pain, OP.

evan_7899 28

Seems like a lot of the voters woke up on the wrong side of the bed, sheesh!