Creeper

By Ugh-Lee - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a cute girl sat down next to me on the bus. She looked up at me, and then moved to the back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 298
You deserved it 4 037

Top comments

MAGNAVOX 0

Maybe she wanted you to follow her to the back?

RedPillSucks 31

Comments

BananaTroll 0
noeeluv21 0
chobitschibi1369 0

Generally when this happens, you are doing something or smell like something atrocious.

chobitschibi1369 0

#40: "Text speak" is painful to read. I do not even text that way.

silentsniper441 0

you know that never works, especially if you're quagmire

don't listen to lanark ha. I think ur pretty :)

Maybe it had nothing to do with whether you're attractive or not. I'd be tempted to switch seats if whoever [whomever?] I sat next to looked like they wanted to chat, rather than quietly reach their destination.

#49 Agreed. I've moved because of random people wanting to have, uh..."interesting" chats with me. One time, a guy offered me a frozen chicken breast. I refused several times and eventually changed seats.

A frozen chicken breast? Really? Surprisingly, I haven't had many strange bus experiences, although there is this weird shaman guy that occasionally rides my bus. He has this stick thing with horse hair or... something.

Ha! A chicken breast? WTF? Spas, that sounds like one of the few people for whom I'd make an exception! I bet he'd be an interesting conversationalist, as opposed to the chit-chatters I try to avoid. Small talk is so achingly boring and pointless, and trying to do it just reminds me of how hopelessly bad I am at it. :[

I couldn't imagine you being bad at talking to someone! Unless, you're like me and find it easier to type than talk.

Honesty, you're sweet. :) Yes, I do find it much easier to talk via written communication. I'd rather wrench out each of my teeth individually without anasthesia, then "mingle" and make forced small talk with strangers. Here if I have nothing to say, I just don't comment; you can't do that IRL without looking like a snob or a social retard. But then I get all neurotic about whether I said too much, or not enough, or sounded a lot dumber than I am, or if I liked our talk, whether I should've asked for their info so we could maybe be friends, but then maybe they would've thought I was a desperate friendless barnacle-loser, or was just hitting on them, etc. etc. It gets pretty complicated.

Jane, I'm beginning to think we're the same person somehow.

Ditto to both Jane and Spas! :P I'm completely the same way...

Sweet. We're like the nerdy Neopolitan of social neuroses. >.<

On the bright side, we can now form a club! Bring on the secret handshakes and matching jackets. We'll also have meetings, but only if we're not feeling too socially anxious to do so... :P