Creative mind

By Dean Heffern - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff

Today, I was paired up with a partner in my film class. He has an idea for a film: "Shoot an onion from all angles, light it on fire, and roll it down a hill." He was dead serious. I'm stuck with this guy for the whole year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 540
You deserved it 4 201

Comments

Seriously? The vast majority of you guys would pay to watch that crap? I'm becoming more and more convinced daily that the movie "Idiocracy" isn't too far off the mark after all. FYL, OP. F all of our lives.

Acousticpixie14 6

One person said they'd go to cinemas. Other than that, no one said they'd PAY to watch it, just that they'd watch it :P I mean, is it really that much worse than sitting on your ass reading FML anecdotes? I think not.

ginglederf 6

How does ones interest in interesting things mean ones idiocy? I mean the idea was interesting don't you say? I'd see it. Especially if it was in slow motion!

Obviously someone can't take obvious sarcasm

Put a naked chick jumping rope at the end. That would make it worth watching.

ericliveson 0

I'd still rather watch that than twilight.

Now does he mean shoot as in with a gun or shoot with a camera??

itsmeyippie 0

camera of course, it would be near impossible to shoot an onion from EVERY angle with a gun

well I guess it depends on your topic. but it's interesting and definitely creative. look up what onion symbolizes or something, maybe he's thinking on a deeper level.

The onion represents the inherently unpleasant nature of a layered, organic society, while the fire clearly alludes to the flames of avarice and commercialization that threaten to engulf us all. Hills are cool too, because stuff will usually roll down them. I suggest black & white, a single tracking shot, handheld with no stabilization. Maybe fly in some text here and there – phrases like “military-industrial complex” and “created equal…?” Make sure you use the question mark or people won’t get it. See you at Cannes! (you should find another partner - FYL)

Thanks for the arty crap I was thinking of but forgot to include. Anyone with a art degree knows that to pass, you have to spew a bunch of total faux-deep crap to pass. No matter how symbolic, ineffable or beautiful your creation is. That part makes you hate whatever you made, so you might as well have fun making it. Burn baby, BURN! (and mail it to the Onion "news")

How would you call the movie? Happy tree onions?

itsmeyippie 0

HAPPY TREE FRIENDS !!!! Woo!!!!

It's been done. "Flamber l'oignon qui roule en descendant" French short film festival, Paris, 1982.