Cackle

By easily amused - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I discovered my 10 month-old is terrified of my laugh. Every time I start to laugh, she screams in terror. It's getting depressing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 611
You deserved it 4 571

Top comments

Let me guess, does metal relax her as well?

OK, that is kinda tough, but don't stop laughing. In fact, laugh MORE so that she'll get used to it. I knew a ababy boy like this, he outgrew it with lots of exposure :)

Comments

Let me guess, does metal relax her as well?

OK, that is kinda tough, but don't stop laughing. In fact, laugh MORE so that she'll get used to it. I knew a ababy boy like this, he outgrew it with lots of exposure :)

yeah exposure is the best course of action babies are like sponges so they can get overwhelmed by everything being so new and foreign.

Wowxoxo 17
Epikouros 31

Maybe conditioning is the problem. If you tend to laugh when you're surprised, the baby will associate the sound with danger.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
iLike2Teabag 27

#39 good idea. Maybe if we taser every child abuse jokester on FML, there would be fewer crappy jokes.

TurtleLightning 7

I would say tie her to a chair an laugh in her face

Dont worry OP, i know babies who are scared of their own fart. Your baby will get over your laughter soon.

jw90 18

@ 7 it's actually quite common. A lot of babies are scared of a lot of things at first. You've just got to get them used to it.

or Fran Dreshier (sp) her laugh terrifies me and I am 24.

perdix 29

Daphne from Seinfeld? "like Elmer Fudd sitting on a juicer."

perdix 29

Oops, I meant Naomi. Thanks for the catch ;)

juststephhere 23

That's cruelly really sad! Maybe laugh a tad quieter?

nnnope 26

how is it cruel? OR sad? it's just a baby being a baby. jebus.

You could try laughing like Spongebob or Mandark. Shouldn't take long for you to get into the habit.

That comment with that profile pic. (Y)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

someone else flag this down! I accidentally thumbed it up and it won't go down Dx

nnnope 26

not sure if talking about the comment or priapism

monnanon 13

my son used to do that with clapping. loud noises can startle them. i wouldnt worry too much OP

jw90 18

Your baby will eventually get used to hearing it OP. Especially if you laugh everyday. Don't let it depress you.