Brain melt

By ray - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I dropped my bag to run after my two-year-old who had bolted in the parking lot. Once he was in his seat, I got in and drove away. I felt two large thumps as I drove over my own iPad, cellphone and wallet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 213
You deserved it 15 489

Top comments

jake98899889 4

Fyl. You did what was best for the kid but at the same time smashed $1000. Let's just be happy it wasn't your baby that got ran over.

toenibbler 14

I'm also a teenager, and lives are always more important than technology.

Comments

Well at least the contents of your wallet should be okay and hopefully you have the money to replace the crushed phone and iPad!

or a good warranty, some warranties cover just about everything you could do to your ipad.

Rocky007 15

"Aw, ****! I broke my WALLET!! GRAHHHHHRHRHGH!" "Da ****?" |the kid|

I don't understand why you had to drop your bag to run. I don't see it being very difficult to run with a bag in your hand or on your arm unless it's very large, which i'm guessing it wasn't due to the fact that you said it had your wallet, cellphone and iPad in it. It'd like to say YDI unless proven otherwise.

Do you want every FML to be a detailed short story? And most people don't run with bags. Just so you know.

When you're carrying one and all of a sudden you need to run.. Yes, you do run while carrying a bag. Dick.

fadingfaith 4

I would think it WAS a large bag to hold an iPad. The thing though is why would Op leave her bag on the floor? Someone could just take it.

iPads are not that big. All my bags can hold mine and they're not large by all means

This is why I will get a leash and doggie "choker" style collar for my kids. Teach them that running off is something they can try to do - but not without consequences. If it works with my beagle, and kids are smarter than dogs, training will be quick.

The_Troller 14
MerrikBarbarian 9

I've used clicker training on kids before. It's surprisingly effective on children under 6. Dogs are easier to motivate though...

isis_morrigan 18

Lol although I am a fan of your logic, unfortunately DFACS frowns upon it. Clickers are acceptable though!

SaMmIMonster96 6

I'm glad you care about your kid more than your iPad.. Some parents would choose the iPad

melrose90210 10

Just another reason to call it the terrible twos.

kayPandastyle 15

I hope you had the warranty protection o__O Lol

fadingfaith 4

What kind of warranty would cover that?

MissHayleyJames 7

You can get insurance on Apple products so that if you break one you can replace it for a lot cheaper. I did that with my iPhone. If I break it it'll only cost $90 to replace it instead of $1000 (that's the actual price of the 64GB 4S if you buy one outright or have to replace one).

Urbanchiller 0

Ouch! Then again should have kept it on the car.

eatsrainbowz 0

Must be a very big wallet and iPad to make such big thumps!

Wow sucks for you but what are you gonna do